Windows Help

February 23, 2005 3:41:02 AM

I keep getting this windows file protection and it says I am missing some
files for my windows xp.How can I find out what ones are missing?How can I
get them back?I dont have a disk and I have some friends that have brought
their xp disk over and it wouldnt work...

More about : windows

February 23, 2005 9:15:06 AM

kat wrote:

> I keep getting this windows file protection and it says I am missing
> some files for my windows xp.How can I find out what ones are
> missing?How can I get them back?I dont have a disk and I have some
> friends that have brought their xp disk over and it wouldnt work...

Since you haven't told us what version and service pack level of XP you
have or whether your machine is OEM (HP, Sony, Compaq, etc.) it isn't
possible to give you specific advice. You will need to run the System
File Checker (Start>Run sfc /scannow [enter]) but you will need the
correct XP cd for your system. The best course of action might be to
take the machine to a good local professional (not a BestBuy or CompUSA
type of store).

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User