accessing hyperlinks from email

whenever I receive an email with a hyperlink and click on the link to open
it, my computer does not allow me to. The message:"this operation has been
cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact
your system administrator." does anybody know what I can do to solve this?

Hi.

A number of factors could cause this. There is an oldie but still a goodie
discussed at..

You receive an error message when you click a hyperlink in Outlook 2000
WGID:220 ID: 310049

Assuming that you are running IE as your default browser and you have
verifyed that

HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Classes\htmlfile\shell\open\command string
value: "C:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe" -nohome

does in fact exist, then you can try closing all your applications, click on
internet options in control panel, click on the programs tab and then click
the "reset web settings" button, then click yes and see if this works for
you.

HTH, Les