Output video from Radeon 9600XT to VCR

Hello,

I'd like to output video from my Sapphire Radeon 9600XT to my VCR. I've
connected the input of my VCR to my video card using a standard RCA cable
with an S-Video adapter connected at one end. Then I plugged that end into
the only available plug I could find on the back of my videocard. I'm
assuming that it's an output. I already have the output of my VCR connected
to the input of my capture card. Switching to the proper channel on the VCR
I ought to be able to see what's coming through my computer (in theory). So
I thought, but I get nothing. I've tried recording about a minutes worth of
video, but nothing was recorded.

What might I be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jeff

sleepy

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001

If youre trying to record a DVD dont forget that macrovision will stop you
getting a picture through
a VCR - first link your card directly to the TV and
and get a picture (no Macro involved) then you know it works and you can
test the VCR connection afterwards.

"Jeff Ingram" <ingramje29@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to output video from my Sapphire Radeon 9600XT to my VCR. I've
> connected the input of my VCR to my video card using a standard RCA cable
> with an S-Video adapter connected at one end. Then I plugged that end
into
> the only available plug I could find on the back of my videocard. I'm
> assuming that it's an output. I already have the output of my VCR
connected
> to the input of my capture card. Switching to the proper channel on the
VCR
> I ought to be able to see what's coming through my computer (in theory).
So
> I thought, but I get nothing. I've tried recording about a minutes worth
of
> video, but nothing was recorded.
>
> What might I be doing wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff

Nope, I'm not trying to record to DVD right now. Perhaps later. I don't
have a TV that I can connect to my computer. Besides, why would macrovision
be a problem when all I want to capture is a home video to my hard drive?

Thanks,

Jeff

"Sleepy" <nospam@here.com> wrote in message
> If youre trying to record a DVD dont forget that macrovision will stop you
> getting a picture through
> a VCR - first link your card directly to the TV and
> and get a picture (no Macro involved) then you know it works and you can
> test the VCR connection afterwards.
>
> "Jeff Ingram" <ingramje29@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'd like to output video from my Sapphire Radeon 9600XT to my VCR. I've
> > connected the input of my VCR to my video card using a standard RCA
cable
> > with an S-Video adapter connected at one end. Then I plugged that end
> into
> > the only available plug I could find on the back of my videocard. I'm
> > assuming that it's an output. I already have the output of my VCR
> connected
> > to the input of my capture card. Switching to the proper channel on the
> VCR
> > I ought to be able to see what's coming through my computer (in theory).
> So
> > I thought, but I get nothing. I've tried recording about a minutes
worth
> of
> > video, but nothing was recorded.
> >
> > What might I be doing wrong?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jeff

Go iinto Display settings, Displays Tab and make sure it is turned on.

"Jeff Ingram" <ingramje29@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to output video from my Sapphire Radeon 9600XT to my VCR. I've
> connected the input of my VCR to my video card using a standard RCA cable
> with an S-Video adapter connected at one end. Then I plugged that end
into
> the only available plug I could find on the back of my videocard. I'm
> assuming that it's an output. I already have the output of my VCR
connected
> to the input of my capture card. Switching to the proper channel on the
VCR
> I ought to be able to see what's coming through my computer (in theory).
So
> I thought, but I get nothing. I've tried recording about a minutes worth
of
> video, but nothing was recorded.
>
> What might I be doing wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff

sleepy

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001

> Nope, I'm not trying to record to DVD right now. Perhaps later. I don't
> have a TV that I can connect to my computer. Besides, why would
macrovision
> be a problem when all I want to capture is a home video to my hard drive?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff

go into display advanced properties - displays - make sure the TV option is
switched on.
that should do it but sometimes I find the system needs an extra 'nudge' -
go to the overlay
tab and clone mode options - select theatre mode and apply.