Start menu/splash animations bogging down system after dri..

Axl

A few days ago I upgraded my ATI drivers for Doom 3 to make sure
everything was up to date. After doing this anything with a fade
in/out menu system, such as the start button animates VERY slow fading
in or out. I've noticed anything that starts with a splash screen or
uses certain programming (like my weather channel desktop program)
functions VERY slowly and TOTALLY bogs down the system resources. My
first move was to simply do a virus/spyware scan but that came up with
nothing. And besides, I notice no slowdown in performance EXCEPT when
some sort of transparency transition is taking place. This started
immediately after upgrading the ati drivers. Anyone know what could be
causing this?

Pluvious

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 16:07:59 GMT, Axl <nope@noway.com> wrote:

>A few days ago I upgraded my ATI drivers for Doom 3 to make sure
>everything was up to date. After doing this anything with a fade
>in/out menu system, such as the start button animates VERY slow fading
>in or out. I've noticed anything that starts with a splash screen or
>uses certain programming (like my weather channel desktop program)
>functions VERY slowly and TOTALLY bogs down the system resources. My
>first move was to simply do a virus/spyware scan but that came up with
>nothing. And besides, I notice no slowdown in performance EXCEPT when
>some sort of transparency transition is taking place. This started
>immediately after upgrading the ati drivers. Anyone know what could be
>causing this?

Try re-installing directx9.0b or c.

Pluvious

Axl