Top Three Games Of 2004

Last response: in Video Games
Share
January 10, 2005 9:00:49 PM

Now normally I'd make it 'Best Game Of 2004' however considering we're
in alt.games.half-life and it's no secret that Half-life2 is popular
with everyone I'd like you to name your top three.

Here is mine:

Half-life2
FarCry

I can't even think of a third to be honest.

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"Forget about it"

More about : top games 2004

Anonymous
January 10, 2005 9:00:50 PM

Thief: Deadly Shadows - Kind of a distant third if that.

"Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
> Now normally I'd make it 'Best Game Of 2004' however considering we're
> in alt.games.half-life and it's no secret that Half-life2 is popular
> with everyone I'd like you to name your top three.
>
> Here is mine:
>
> Half-life2
> FarCry
>
> I can't even think of a third to be honest.
>
> --
> AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
> Homepage: stri.tk
>
> "Forget about it"
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 9:00:50 PM

Strider <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
> Now normally I'd make it 'Best Game Of 2004' however considering we're
> in alt.games.half-life and it's no secret that Half-life2 is popular
> with everyone I'd like you to name your top three.
>
> Here is mine:
>
> Half-life2
> FarCry
>
> I can't even think of a third to be honest.

Doom 3, for real.
Related resources
January 10, 2005 9:00:50 PM

My three(3) favorite pc games of 2004 are:

1.) Half-Life 2
2.) Doom 3
3.) Sid Meier's Pirates!
and/or
The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay

"Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
> Now normally I'd make it 'Best Game Of 2004' however considering we're
> in alt.games.half-life and it's no secret that Half-life2 is popular
> with everyone I'd like you to name your top three.
>
> Here is mine:
>
> Half-life2
> FarCry
>
> I can't even think of a third to be honest.
>
> --
> AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
> Homepage: stri.tk
>
> "Forget about it"
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 9:00:50 PM

"Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
> Now normally I'd make it 'Best Game Of 2004' however considering we're
> in alt.games.half-life and it's no secret that Half-life2 is popular
> with everyone I'd like you to name your top three.
>
> Here is mine:
>
> Half-life2
> FarCry
>
> I can't even think of a third to be honest.
>
> --
> AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
> Homepage: stri.tk
>
> "Forget about it"

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay.

Almost on par with Half-Life 2 IMHO. Great single player experience. No
single player game however. I highly highly recommend it.
January 10, 2005 9:02:08 PM

Na rijp beraad schreef Strider :
> Now normally I'd make it 'Best Game Of 2004' however considering we're
> in alt.games.half-life and it's no secret that Half-life2 is popular
> with everyone I'd like you to name your top three.
>
> Here is mine:
>
> Half-life2
> FarCry
>
> I can't even think of a third to be honest.

The third one is certainly NOT Doom III (IMHO)

--
Al wat je nodig hebt is http://www.google.be/ en
http://home.mine.be/~joinus/index.html

Rolly.
January 10, 2005 9:41:38 PM

po proclaimed...

> Thief: Deadly Shadows - Kind of a distant third if that.

Nah, didn't come close for me. I like the Thief games I just don't think
it was anywhere as polished as Thief II.

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"Forget about it"
January 10, 2005 9:42:14 PM

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 18:00:49 GMT, Strider
<email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote:

>Now normally I'd make it 'Best Game Of 2004' however considering we're
>in alt.games.half-life and it's no secret that Half-life2 is popular
>with everyone I'd like you to name your top three.

HL2
Painkiller
Thief 3
January 10, 2005 9:46:22 PM

"Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
> Now normally I'd make it 'Best Game Of 2004' however considering we're
> in alt.games.half-life and it's no secret that Half-life2 is popular
> with everyone I'd like you to name your top three.
>
> Here is mine:
>
> Half-life2
> FarCry
>
> I can't even think of a third to be honest.
>
> --
> AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
> Homepage: stri.tk
>
> "Forget about it"

1) Half Life2
2) Unreal Tournament 2004
3) Rome: Total War
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 9:48:00 PM

1) Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
2) Far Cry
3) Half-life 2

"Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
> Now normally I'd make it 'Best Game Of 2004' however considering we're
> in alt.games.half-life and it's no secret that Half-life2 is popular
> with everyone I'd like you to name your top three.
>
> Here is mine:
>
> Half-life2
> FarCry
>
> I can't even think of a third to be honest.
>
> --
> AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
> Homepage: stri.tk
>
> "Forget about it"
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 10:15:26 PM

1. HL2
2. Battlefield Vietnam
3. Star Wars Battlefront.

Panic
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 10:35:58 PM

"General Panic" <boskofportkarMAPS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> 1. HL2
> 2. Battlefield Vietnam
> 3. Star Wars Battlefront.

1.HL2
2.Halo 2
3.Far cry

> Panic

Anonymous
January 10, 2005 10:44:50 PM

On 1/10/2005 10:00 AM Strider brightened our day with:

>Now normally I'd make it 'Best Game Of 2004' however considering we're
>in alt.games.half-life and it's no secret that Half-life2 is popular
>with everyone I'd like you to name your top three.
>
>Here is mine:
>
>Half-life2
>FarCry
>
>I can't even think of a third to be honest.

1 Doom III
2 Half-Life 2
3 Halo 2

--
Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

pF. Slik proclaimed...

> 3) Rome: Total War

Rome Total War is not the kind of game I'd play but whilst I was
watching a friend I had to marvel at the detail of the sounds graphics
and strategical scope.

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"Forget about it"
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 11:08:55 PM

Strider wrote:
> Now normally I'd make it 'Best Game Of 2004' however considering we're
> in alt.games.half-life and it's no secret that Half-life2 is popular
> with everyone I'd like you to name your top three.
>
> Here is mine:
>
> Half-life2
> FarCry
>
> I can't even think of a third to be honest.

I have only bought one game and one add-on that were released in 2004, so, er...

1. Half-Life 2
2. IL-2 Forgotten Battles Ace Expansion Pack

Hope you found that helpful.

--
Paul
January 10, 2005 11:14:43 PM

Tweek proclaimed...

> Doom 3, for real.

Doom3 was a joke imo.

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"Forget about it"
January 10, 2005 11:15:23 PM

Paul Catley proclaimed...

> Hope you found that helpful.

It's not research, just making 'conversation'

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"Forget about it"
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 11:27:25 PM

"Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
> Now normally I'd make it 'Best Game Of 2004' however considering we're
> in alt.games.half-life and it's no secret that Half-life2 is popular
> with everyone I'd like you to name your top three.
>
> Here is mine:
>
> Half-life2
> FarCry
>
> I can't even think of a third to be honest.
>
> --
> AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
> Homepage: stri.tk
>
> "Forget about it"

I change my list!....I can do that right? =)

1) HL2
2) A Tie - UT04 and Rome: Total War
3) Call of Duty - United Offensive
January 10, 2005 11:35:49 PM

borg proclaimed...

> Sid Meier's Pirates!

I've been hearing good things about this and Sid Meier's reputation is
strong.

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"Forget about it"
January 10, 2005 11:38:39 PM

pF. Slik proclaimed...

> I change my list!....I can do that right? =)

Yeah but there's a customary re-enter fee of £600. It doubles every two
days and you must pay be cheque. Don't dally.

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"Forget about it"
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 12:06:16 AM

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:57:55 -0500, "HockeyTownUSA"
<magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote:

>Almost on par with Half-Life 2 IMHO. Great single player experience. No
>single player game however. I highly highly recommend it.

/confused look

Do you mean no MULTI-player game?

Erik
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 12:31:29 AM

Honorable Mention: Painkiller once I got it working

3. Thief 3 - (although it was much easier than Thief 2. It seemed like 1 hit
by a sword and you were mortally wounded)

2. Far Cry

1. HL2 =)

GBS
January 11, 2005 12:45:14 AM

Mike in Mystic wrote:
> 1) Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
> 2) Far Cry
> 3) Half-life 2

I'll go with Mike only let's mix em up a bit:

1) HL2
2) Riddick
3) Far Cry

--
"valve = worshiping satan (this one is only speculation but probably true)"

Difool in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 12:45:17 AM

Strider wrote:
> Now normally I'd make it 'Best Game Of 2004' however considering we're
> in alt.games.half-life and it's no secret that Half-life2 is popular
> with everyone I'd like you to name your top three.
>
> Here is mine:
>
> Half-life2
> FarCry

1) World of Warcraft. Wow... 'nuff said.
2) Half-Life 2
3) Far Cry

nothing else fits in this league, so cutting it off at 3.
-Marshall
January 11, 2005 2:15:25 AM

Marshall proclaimed...

> 1) World of Warcraft. Wow... 'nuff said.

I'm hearing that a lot.

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"Forget about it"
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 3:53:27 AM

1> UT 2004
2> Half-Life 2
3> Minesweeper - how have I never been addicted to that game before
now?

Civilian_Target

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 18:00:49 GMT, Strider
<email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote:

>Now normally I'd make it 'Best Game Of 2004' however considering we're
>in alt.games.half-life and it's no secret that Half-life2 is popular
>with everyone I'd like you to name your top three.
>
>Here is mine:
>
>Half-life2
>FarCry
>
>I can't even think of a third to be honest.
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 4:57:25 PM

"Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message

HL2
Tribes Vengence
TFC < still good after all these years : )
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 8:17:36 PM

just don't try to buy it right now - it appears to have disappeared from
stores and internet vendors. Blizzard sure f'd up big time, IMO.

> Marshall proclaimed...
>
> > 1) World of Warcraft. Wow... 'nuff said.
>
> I'm hearing that a lot.
>
> --
> AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
> Homepage: stri.tk
>
> "Forget about it"
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 8:29:38 PM

Strider wrote:
> Now normally I'd make it 'Best Game Of 2004' however considering we're
> in alt.games.half-life and it's no secret that Half-life2 is popular
> with everyone I'd like you to name your top three.
>
> Here is mine:
>
> Half-life2
> FarCry
>
> I can't even think of a third to be honest.

GTA: San Andreas? (Unless this is for PC-only) .. I don't own a PS2 or
GTA:SA .. although i have played it at a friend's house, and wouldn't
hesitate to put that game in my top-3 :)

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench
Anonymous

Strider wrote:
> borg proclaimed...
>

>>Sid Meier's Pirates!
>

> I've been hearing good things about this and Sid Meier's reputation is
> strong.

Yeah, I'm interested in that too.. Sid Meier is one of the all time
great game designers for me :)

any further comments, borg?

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench
Anonymous

Civilian_Target wrote:

> 3> Minesweeper - how have I never been addicted to that game before
> now?

I guess you get bored alot at work, Civ? ;)

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench
Anonymous

In article <34igncF4ahrh4U1@individual.net>, Ben Cottrell
<bench@bench333.screaming.net> wrote:

> Strider wrote:
> > Now normally I'd make it 'Best Game Of 2004' however considering we're
> > in alt.games.half-life and it's no secret that Half-life2 is popular
> > with everyone I'd like you to name your top three.
> >
> > Here is mine:
> >
> > Half-life2
> > FarCry
> >
> > I can't even think of a third to be honest.
>
> GTA: San Andreas? (Unless this is for PC-only) .. I don't own a PS2 or
> GTA:SA .. although i have played it at a friend's house, and wouldn't
> hesitate to put that game in my top-3 :)

I think I'd put it top, especially since my HL2 sound problems have
increased as I've gone further into the game... :(

SA is just superb, with a scale I've never seen in a game. It's taken
most of my gaming time since it was released, and I'm still only 26.45%
through :D

Most of the missions I'd happily do over - just wish there was more
than 8 save game points... but turning up to a gang fight with your
crew and piling out of a huge convertible, SMGs blazing, just never
gets old.

Looking at the price of consoles now, if I didn't already own a PS2,
I'd seriously think about getting one just for SA (oh, and some
football game as well....)

___
Neil
AKA HighVis
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 10:17:41 PM

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:35:27 +0000, Ben Cottrell
<bench@bench333.screaming.net> wrote:

>Civilian_Target wrote:
>
>> 3> Minesweeper - how have I never been addicted to that game before
>> now?
>
>I guess you get bored alot at work, Civ? ;)

mebbe....

Civilian_Target
January 11, 2005 10:42:35 PM

Strider wrote:
> Now normally I'd make it 'Best Game Of 2004' however considering we're
> in alt.games.half-life and it's no secret that Half-life2 is popular
> with everyone I'd like you to name your top three.
>
> Here is mine:
>
> Half-life2
> FarCry
>
> I can't even think of a third to be honest.

1. Counter Strike 1.6
2. Halo (multi)
3. Lemmings for Windows
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 1:03:50 AM

Really? How? I was looking at it on Blizzards site last night. What
happened?
McG.

"Mike in Mystic" <sandiedadog@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> just don't try to buy it right now - it appears to have disappeared
> from stores and internet vendors. Blizzard sure f'd up big time, IMO.
>

> "Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
>> Marshall proclaimed...
>>
>>> 1) World of Warcraft. Wow... 'nuff said.
>>
>> I'm hearing that a lot.
>>
>> --
>> AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
>> Homepage: stri.tk
>>
>> "Forget about it"
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 1:15:47 AM

"Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
> Now normally I'd make it 'Best Game Of 2004' however considering we're
> in alt.games.half-life and it's no secret that Half-life2 is popular
> with everyone I'd like you to name your top three.
>
> Here is mine:
>
> Half-life2
> FarCry
>
> I can't even think of a third to be honest.
>
> --
> AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
> Homepage: stri.tk
>
> "Forget about it"

(1) Half-Life 2
(2) Pacific Fighters
(3) The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay

I don't care much for Far Cry. I had so many problems just getting it to run
until the 1.3 (or 1.03, whichever) patch. Then it was annoying having to
replay each section without the benefit of "save anywhere". It is fun to
replay the same section for the first couple of times, then it gets
extremely annoying after having to play for 10 minutes just to die again and
have to try it all over again and again and again and again. The AI is so
ridiculous too. Sometimes they are as dumb as rock and you can walk right
past them without them knowing, while other times you can be crawling
through the brush and are spotted a mile away, and killed with a single
shot. If they improved the AI balance a bit (even with "balance AI" on), and
allowed for a "save anywhere" feature, I'd bite. I really wanted to enjoy
it, and I even enjoyed the demo greatly. But the game just pissed me off too
much. Maybe in a few more months then I will give it another try, but if it
still doesn't do it for me, then it'll be traded for another game with
someone else. It doesn't get my vote for GOTY.
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 1:44:04 AM

> Tweek proclaimed...
>
>> Doom 3, for real.
>
> Doom3 was a joke imo.
>
> --
> AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
> Homepage: stri.tk
>
> "Forget about it"

Depends on what you expected. It was a great update to the originals and I
loved it. iD messed up with the multiplayer though which means its almost
dead online.
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 1:44:05 AM

Ben Cottrell wrote:

> What did they do to the multiplayer? I never bought Doom 3 because I
> detested Doom 1 and 2 (and for that matter, every other game ID have
> ever made), and from everything I'd been reading, thought that Doom 3
> was going to be "doom with better gfx" (bleugh - no thanks)

Yes, they seemed to try to promote that as a good thing. I just thought it was
lazy, improving the graphics and not bothering to improve the core game. Doom
was a seminal game in its time, but games have become more sophisticated in the
10 years since, as have players' tastes. To me, the fact that id made no
pretensions as to what Doom 3 would be is not an excuse. Why *isn't* it more
than a retread? No doubt Quake IV will be more of the same.

--
Paul
Anonymous

Ya just didn't look around... Far Cry had a "Save anywhere"
ability.... Shame for not being curious....

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:15:47 -0500, "HockeyTownUSA"
<magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote:

>"Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
>> Now normally I'd make it 'Best Game Of 2004' however considering we're
>> in alt.games.half-life and it's no secret that Half-life2 is popular
>> with everyone I'd like you to name your top three.
>>
>> Here is mine:
>>
>> Half-life2
>> FarCry
>>
>> I can't even think of a third to be honest.
>>
>> --
>> AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
>> Homepage: stri.tk
>>
>> "Forget about it"
>
>(1) Half-Life 2
>(2) Pacific Fighters
>(3) The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
>
>I don't care much for Far Cry. I had so many problems just getting it to run
>until the 1.3 (or 1.03, whichever) patch. Then it was annoying having to
>replay each section without the benefit of "save anywhere". It is fun to
>replay the same section for the first couple of times, then it gets
>extremely annoying after having to play for 10 minutes just to die again and
>have to try it all over again and again and again and again. The AI is so
>ridiculous too. Sometimes they are as dumb as rock and you can walk right
>past them without them knowing, while other times you can be crawling
>through the brush and are spotted a mile away, and killed with a single
>shot. If they improved the AI balance a bit (even with "balance AI" on), and
>allowed for a "save anywhere" feature, I'd bite. I really wanted to enjoy
>it, and I even enjoyed the demo greatly. But the game just pissed me off too
>much. Maybe in a few more months then I will give it another try, but if it
>still doesn't do it for me, then it'll be traded for another game with
>someone else. It doesn't get my vote for GOTY.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in
the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out,
and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 9:38:26 AM

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 19:58:53 -0000, "Paul Catley"
<paul.notreallymyaddress@hotmail.com> wrote:

>To me, the fact that id made no
>pretensions as to what Doom 3 would be is not an excuse. Why *isn't* it more
>than a retread? No doubt Quake IV will be more of the same.

Judging from the screenshots, it will be Doom 3 with the lights on. :D

-----
Anders Simonsson
Website: http://www.anderssimonsson.com/
January 12, 2005 12:27:39 PM

Mike in Mystic proclaimed...

> just don't try to buy it right now - it appears to have disappeared from
> stores and internet vendors. Blizzard sure f'd up big time, IMO.

I live in the UK, it's not out in Europe yet.

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"Forget about it"
January 12, 2005 12:29:00 PM

Ben Cottrell proclaimed...

> GTA: San Andreas? (Unless this is for PC-only) .. I don't own a PS2 or
> GTA:SA .. although i have played it at a friend's house, and wouldn't
> hesitate to put that game in my top-3 :)

I would have put it, but since I've played it for about 3 minutes I
don't think that would be pretty fair.

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"Forget about it"
January 12, 2005 12:31:00 PM

Neil Jones proclaimed...

> Looking at the price of consoles now, if I didn't already own a PS2,
> I'd seriously think about getting one just for SA (oh, and some
> football game as well....)

The thought did cross my mind but frankly I 'recon it will play better
on PC. I just don't like GTA with PS2 controller.

I have a PS2 controller for PC so I don't need one really.

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"Forget about it"
January 12, 2005 12:53:32 PM

"Jimbob" <meand you@nospam.com> proclaimed...

> 3. Lemmings for Windows

Lemmings :)

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"Forget about it"
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 8:24:36 PM

In article <MPG.1c4efed8f700403498ab20@news-text.blueyonder.co.uk>,
Strider <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote:

> Neil Jones proclaimed...
>
> > Looking at the price of consoles now, if I didn't already own a PS2,
> > I'd seriously think about getting one just for SA (oh, and some
> > football game as well....)
>
> The thought did cross my mind but frankly I 'recon it will play better
> on PC. I just don't like GTA with PS2 controller.

You'd be dead right, too - it's perfect for driving, but for running
around it's a pain, and for shooting it's really, really bad. The
sniping missions are a pain, whereas in Vice City on the pc they were a
highlight. And as for the shooting contests in AmmuNation, forget it!

Plus I haven't found any way to customise the controls, and the 'view'
control (where you use the right joystick to look around your
character) is the opposite of every other PS2 game I've played. You'd
think if you wanted to look at what was on the left of your character,
you'd rotate the camera around your character by pushing the joystick
right... but in SA you'd be wrong.

However, it was a choice between SA on a pc next June, or SA on a ps2
last November... I don't regret the decision :D

> I have a PS2 controller for PC so I don't need one really.

Same here - best solution, without a doubt.

___
Neil
AKA HighVis
January 12, 2005 9:30:06 PM

Neil Jones proclaimed...

> However, it was a choice between SA on a pc next June, or SA on a ps2
> last November... I don't regret the decision :D

Yes, I played it for about 3 minutes on my nephew's PS2 and had much
hilarity knocking over gangsters on my BMX!

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"Forget about it"
January 12, 2005 9:59:03 PM

What is - "KOTOR" ?

Is it - "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic"

I have never played "Star Wars: Kinghts of the Old Republic" and I have
bought it the same time as Half-Life 2 which I just cant stop playing even
though I have beat the game twice now.
So "Star Wars: Kinghts of the Old Republic" is that good? I bought for
$19.99 at Circuit City.

"Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
> Now normally I'd make it 'Best Game Of 2004' however considering we're
> in alt.games.half-life and it's no secret that Half-life2 is popular
> with everyone I'd like you to name your top three.
>
> Here is mine:
>
> Half-life2
> FarCry
>
> I can't even think of a third to be honest.
>
> --
> AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
> Homepage: stri.tk
>
> "Forget about it"
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 10:27:01 PM

HockeyTownUSA wrote:

> (2) Pacific Fighters

You're just making me envious, because my new PC hasn't got anywhere to plug my
HOTAS in :(

Must sort that, quickly...

--
Paul
Anonymous

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:59:03 -0800, "borg" <no@cox.net> wrote:

>What is - "KOTOR" ?
>
>Is it - "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic"
>
>I have never played "Star Wars: Kinghts of the Old Republic" and I have
>bought it the same time as Half-Life 2 which I just cant stop playing even
>though I have beat the game twice now.
>So "Star Wars: Kinghts of the Old Republic" is that good? I bought for
>$19.99 at Circuit City.

Completely depends on what you like of course. I liked it but beware,
it is a console port so it doesn't really take full advantage of a PC.

Erik
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 1:41:20 AM

"Paul Catley" <paul.notreallymyaddress@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> HockeyTownUSA wrote:
>>
>> (2) Pacific Fighters
>
> You're just making me envious, because my new PC hasn't got anywhere
> to plug my HOTAS in :(
>
> Must sort that, quickly...

HOTAS? Hm. MS Sidewinder 3D Pro, old but damn serviceable. IL2, AEP,
PF all up n runnin :)  PF is GOOD too, introduces carrier
takeoff/landings! Upped the ground realizm! Good stuff :)
McG.
!