Packard Bell EasyNote E4 Series Wireless trouble

I've just installed Windows XP Professional SP2 in my Packard Bell
laptop (model E4718). I've installed all the drivers from
www.packardbell.com but Device Manager shows me an error with the
Network Controller so the wireless doesn't work.
I've to say that the ethernet connection works fine but the problem is
only with the wireless.

Here you got the link with the network drivers I've installed:

http://support.packardbell.com/es/mypc/index.php?PibItemNr=platform_Lynx-Banias_DC&PibLinkType=2007&PibCategoryId=104#show

Anyone with the same problem?
Can someone help me to solve it so I can use the wireless?

Thanks,

Greetings from Spain.

Raúl.

"Ra?l" <raulvillares@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I've just installed Windows XP Professional SP2 in my Packard Bell
> laptop (model E4718). I've installed all the drivers from
> www.packardbell.com but Device Manager shows me an error with the
> Network Controller so the wireless doesn't work.
> I've to say that the ethernet connection works fine but the problem is
> only with the wireless.
>
> Here you got the link with the network drivers I've installed:
>
> http://support.packardbell.com/es/mypc/index.php?PibItemNr=platform_Lynx-Banias_DC&PibLinkType=2007&PibCategoryId=104#show
>
> Anyone with the same problem?
> Can someone help me to solve it so I can use the wireless?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greetings from Spain.
>
> Raúl.

From the run bar type in 192.168.1.1 which should access the wireless
routers configuration screen. You did not say if you connect via cable modem
or via DSL. If DSL you will need to change the IP configuration to
192.168.1.2 since the DSL modem uses the same IP address as the router.
However many times it is a simple fix as to check the box that states to
obtain an IP address automatically, or to have the DHCP set to auto
configure.

The other problem you may be having is a driver conflict. Go into Device
manager and see if there are any Yellow or Red exclamation marks. If so the
error will tell you more of what is going on. A simple reinstall of the
routers drivers will fix that problem.

Oh the login for the basic routers is (Login) admin-admin(password)

Write back and let me know how you made out.

I hope I helped?

Elector

U can try to visit www.intel.com site and download the driver Intel for
2200BG