Cannot access prior internal hard disk

February 23, 2005 7:08:50 PM

I am in the process of upgrading my hard disk on a laptop. So I installed a
bigger one and connected the old one via USB in order to transfer the files.

The problem is that some folders (e.g. "Documents and Settings" for my old
username, but not for e.g. the administrator) are not accessible.

Any hints?

Thanks,
Christian
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 23, 2005 7:08:51 PM

"Access is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Open a Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810881

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User