Cannot access prior internal hard disk

I am in the process of upgrading my hard disk on a laptop. So I installed a
bigger one and connected the old one via USB in order to transfer the files.

The problem is that some folders (e.g. "Documents and Settings" for my old
username, but not for e.g. the administrator) are not accessible.

Any hints?

Thanks,
Christian
2 answers Last reply
More about cannot access prior internal hard disk

    "Access is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Open a Folder
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810881

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User
    Microsoft Newsgroups

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Chris" wrote:

    | I am in the process of upgrading my hard disk on a laptop. So I installed a
    | bigger one and connected the old one via USB in order to transfer the files.
    |
    | The problem is that some folders (e.g. "Documents and Settings" for my old
    | username, but not for e.g. the administrator) are not accessible.
    |
    | Any hints?
    |
    | Thanks,
    | Christian

    > "Access is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Open a Folder
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810881

    GREAT - HELPED 100%!!

    Thank you,
    Christian

Security Hard Drives Microsoft Windows XP