Interesting Doom 3 Artifact Thingy

Ok, Im on a Radeon 9800XT and have been getting these speckley artifacts now
and then.

But I was fiddling around with my PC earlier and found they appear in
something else too. The ATI Subsurface Scattering demo reproduces the exact
same effect. However, the artifacts ONLY appear on the statue, not a single
one appears on the background, the chessboard, just the statue itself.

So could the artifacts be related to a specific kind of rendering or texture
usage or something?

--
-
I know the wheels go round and round, but whats the story prior to that

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 21:48:10 +0100, "Jamie_Manic" <mmmm...pork rind>
wrote:

>Ok, Im on a Radeon 9800XT and have been getting these speckley artifacts now
>and then.
>
>But I was fiddling around with my PC earlier and found they appear in
>something else too. The ATI Subsurface Scattering demo reproduces the exact
>same effect. However, the artifacts ONLY appear on the statue, not a single
>one appears on the background, the chessboard, just the statue itself.
>
>So could the artifacts be related to a specific kind of rendering or texture
>usage or something?

I get them on the rhino in 3d mark 2003, but not the elephant,
strange.