administation settings

I want to turn off my guest sign in settings for my computer. I am running
windows XP. How do I do this? Aslo i would like to not allow all the desk
top icons i have as an administrator to the other people on my computer. How
would I do this. For example I dont want my 10 year old son to see Yahoo
messenger on his desktop when he is logged on.

To turn the guest account on or off
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/ua_provide_guest_account_w.mspx

Make sure that all of your icons are in >>

C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\Desktop

and not in >>

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop

Everyone who logs on sees...

C:\Documents and Settings\Their Name Here
and
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users

Also see...

Installing and running software in Windows XP
http://www.rickrogers.org/xpsware.htm

[[This page is an attempt to explain how software should be installed and
used in a Windows XP system.]]

Subjects include:
1. Installing software for everybody
2. Running software in limited user accounts
3. Restricting access to some programs
4. FAQ's and issues

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:70EE714B-CC88-48A6-9FA4-1DDD4A47FFBE@microsoft.com,
paintman94 <paintman94@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I want to turn off my guest sign in settings for my computer. I am
> running windows XP. How do I do this? Aslo i would like to not allow
> all the desk top icons i have as an administrator to the other people
> on my computer. How would I do this. For example I dont want my 10
> year old son to see Yahoo messenger on his desktop when he is logged
> on.

TRENDING THREADS