Refresh rate problem

I have a 9800pro and if I use any drivers above 4.2 I get a very weird
problem..
I set my refresh rate to 85 after driver installation and everything is ok,
but the next time I turn the PC on the screen is flickering but the refresh
rate is still 85, so select another rate and its ok until I turn the pc on
again were it does it again...(does the same with all rates)

This has happened with all cats past 4.2, which was no problem but I need
the 4.9 betas to play Doom 3...

anyone have any ideas,,,any help would be appreciated...

Pluvious

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 19:12:47 +0100, "Rustiefern" <dayvall@lineone.net>
wrote:

>I have a 9800pro and if I use any drivers above 4.2 I get a very weird
>problem..
>I set my refresh rate to 85 after driver installation and everything is ok,
>but the next time I turn the PC on the screen is flickering but the refresh
>rate is still 85, so select another rate and its ok until I turn the pc on
>again were it does it again...(does the same with all rates)
>
>This has happened with all cats past 4.2, which was no problem but I need
>the 4.9 betas to play Doom 3...
>
>anyone have any ideas,,,any help would be appreciated...

Open up your display properties control panel and select the settings
/advanced / DISPLAYS tab. Click on the MONITOR bar and then under the
attributes tab use the pull down menu called "REFRESH RATE OVERRIDE"
and select your primary refresh rate you want.

Pluvious

Already done that before,,,doesn't make any difference, still does the
same..