GPU operating temps

"Steve" <shhh@itsasecret.com> wrote in message
news:GYWRc.120957$eM2.33612@attbi_s51...
> The GPU on my 9800XT is running at around 70 degrees Celsius. It is not
> overclocked.
> Is this high or not?
>
> Steve

yep mine runs between 68 & 70c on idle and under load.

--
Almeyda

AMD2500XP @3200XP-11X200-2.21Ghz
A7N8X-E Deluxe > Corsair TWINX1024 PC3200LL DualChannel
HIS Excalibur 9800XT 256mb @463/399 (Omegas 2.5.51 & ATI tool 0.20 No
Artifacts)
1x80GB SATA Seagate 8mg cache > 2x40GB ATA Seagate
SB AudigyES > ANTEC SuperLanboy 350 Case (350W SmartBlue PS)

mine to
65c-72c although warm in the uk at the mo so that may affect the temp
Smiffy

spencer

EEEK,

is it possible that the X800's run cooler because mine runs at 33c and 45c
under load.
Using ATI Tool

Spence

"John Smith" <zilch@zilch.com> wrote in message

> mine to
> 65c-72c although warm in the uk at the mo so that may affect the temp
> Smiffy

Check Tom's Hardware. That's one of the advantages of the X800 series of
cards. They run cooler and as a consequence do not require the noisy
cooling systems used on Nvidia's cards.

JK

"Spencer" <warthog@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
> EEEK,
>
> is it possible that the X800's run cooler because mine runs at 33c and 45c
> under load.
> Using ATI Tool
>

> Spence
>

> "John Smith" <zilch@zilch.com> wrote in message
> >
> > mine to
> > 65c-72c although warm in the uk at the mo so that may affect the temp
> > Smiffy

Mine tends to fluctuate between 69C amd 73C depending on ambient
temperature. Load seems to have little effect.
--
NP:
Brett Tyre
"Steve" <shhh@itsasecret.com> wrote in message
> The GPU on my 9800XT is running at around 70 degrees Celsius. It is not
> overclocked.
> Is this high or not?
>
> Steve

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Thank you to all who replied. It helps me alot. Now I know that my card
is not in danger of a meltdown.
Has artic cooling come out with a vga cooler that fits the XT yet?

Steve