Service pack 2 and other security uppdates.

Hi it is nice to have a place to give my problems to someone else to solve.
Otherside of the coin is that if i learn somthing here than for sure i help
someone else, and so on and so on!
Now to the technical part. I down loaded two weekas ago a fantastic sofware
its name is "Audio-Jpeg" it worked really as they promised but what happened
was that I got a blue screen and after trying hard to reload my operating
system I did'nt succseed. I had to reload my windows xp home from the disk, I
did not reformat the drive. Now everything is working but it dont download
the servicepack 2 , which i had previosly installed. It starts to load but it
stopps half a way and replaces the previos intallation that is service pack
1. I wonder if someone of you has experienced similar problem and knows what
to do about it? Thanks for anything.

"ambur" wrote:

> Hi it is nice to have a place to give my problems to someone else to solve.
> Otherside of the coin is that if i learn somthing here than for sure i help
> someone else, and so on and so on!
> Now to the technical part. I down loaded two weekas ago a fantastic sofware
> its name is "Audio-Jpeg" it worked really as they promised but what happened
> was that I got a blue screen and after trying hard to reload my operating
> system I did'nt succseed. I had to reload my windows xp home from the disk, I
> did not reformat the drive. Now everything is working but it dont download
> the servicepack 2 , which i had previosly installed. It starts to load but it
> stopps half a way and replaces the previos intallation that is service pack
> 1. I wonder if someone of you has experienced similar problem and knows what
> to do about it? Thanks for anything.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:1DC9421A-6D8E-4415-8015-9FE4AE896874@microsoft.com,
ambur <ramona@hotmail.com> had this to say:

> I wonder if someone of you has experienced similar problem and
> knows what to do about it? Thanks for anything.

Go here first:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

From there you can get SP2 on CD for free and with free shipping if you live
in the United States. Other countries might have free shipping, I don't know
because I've never tried to have anything shipped there.

Then I'd take a look here and see what the advice is and what you might try
to do differently this time:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/expert/russel_installsp2.mspx

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

I have the disk nthat is not the problem!

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:1DC9421A-6D8E-4415-8015-9FE4AE896874@microsoft.com,
> ambur <ramona@hotmail.com> had this to say:
>

> > I wonder if someone of you has experienced similar problem and
> > knows what to do about it? Thanks for anything.
>
> Go here first:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx
>
> From there you can get SP2 on CD for free and with free shipping if you live
> in the United States. Other countries might have free shipping, I don't know
> because I've never tried to have anything shipped there.
>
> Then I'd take a look here and see what the advice is and what you might try
> to do differently this time:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/expert/russel_installsp2.mspx
>
> Galen
>
> --
>
> "My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me
> the most abstruse cryptogram or the most intricate analysis, and I am
> in my own proper atmosphere. I can dispense then with artificial
> stimulants. But I abhor the dull routine of existence. I crave for
> mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

I did not mean down load I ment installation prosess I have down load and
copy of servicepack 2 onthe disk but it will not install!

In news:4C386774-DAA0-4D31-B086-575A70115500@microsoft.com,
ambur <ramona@hotmail.com> had this to say:

> I did not mean down load I ment installation prosess I have down load
> and copy of servicepack 2 onthe disk but it will not install!

Did you try the second link? Follow all of the steps to insure a good
installation of SP2.