What's my upgrade path after 9600XT

Lynne

Distinguished
May 7, 2004

Got some spare cash! Wondered what the logical upgrade path would be after
using a 128 9600 XT ATI radeon.

I'm presently using a 7XNNP MoBo from Gigabyte and the game software we use
is EA Sport simulations, MS Flight Sim, Splinter Cell. Also use Adobe for
digital images.

Can you tell me what difference would be seen between a card that's 128meg
as opposed to 256meg.

What's the deal on Sapphire produce products, any good?

Thanks to all those that reply.

Lynne

SERVO

Lynne wrote:
> Got some spare cash! Wondered what the logical upgrade path would be after
> using a 128 9600 XT ATI radeon.
>
> I'm presently using a 7XNNP MoBo from Gigabyte and the game software we use
> is EA Sport simulations, MS Flight Sim, Splinter Cell. Also use Adobe for
> digital images.
> Can you tell me what difference would be seen between a card that's 128meg
> as opposed to 256meg.
> What's the deal on Sapphire produce products, any good?
> Thanks to all those that reply.
>
> Lynne

Lynne,
FWIW I have 2 home made systems each using Sapphire cards and I'm very
happy with them.
--
Servo
"You gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?"

You could go for the MSI 9800 Pro 128 mb 256 bit, the best value for money
9800 pro card ($195 in www.newegg.com)

"Lynne" <asls14@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message

" Got some spare cash! Wondered what the logical upgrade path would be
after using a 128 9600 XT ATI radeon. "

What is the rest of your system? How much spare cash do you have? Your
9600XT might auction on eBay for 60% to 80% of the current retail price, and
you could end up with even more spending power.

The 9800 Pro may seem like the best bang-for-buck upgrade, but you might
also wish to maximize the CPU to your motherboards limits, and perhaps add
more RAM.

TRENDING THREADS