custom resolution above 3840x2400

I try to set a higher resolution but the maximum allowed by powerstrip is
3840x2400.
Is a powerstrip limitation? or a hardware limitation?
What is the maximum windows/pstrip resolution?

How can I solve the problem?

I have a ATI powercolor 9800 pro with catalyst 4.6 under XP SP1
(I tested and isn't a monitor driver limitation)

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:28:11 GMT, "jompy" <jompy@jompy.com> wrote:

>I try to set a higher resolution but the maximum allowed by powerstrip is
>3840x2400.
>Is a powerstrip limitation? or a hardware limitation?
>What is the maximum windows/pstrip resolution?
>
>How can I solve the problem?
>
>I have a ATI powercolor 9800 pro with catalyst 4.6 under XP SP1
>(I tested and isn't a monitor driver limitation)

What monitor you have that can do that res? The highest mine can do is
2048x1536.

maggot wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:28:11 GMT, "jompy" <jompy@jompy.com> wrote:
>
>>I try to set a higher resolution but the maximum allowed by powerstrip is
>>3840x2400.
>>Is a powerstrip limitation? or a hardware limitation?
>>What is the maximum windows/pstrip resolution?
>>
>>How can I solve the problem?
>>
>>I have a ATI powercolor 9800 pro with catalyst 4.6 under XP SP1
>>(I tested and isn't a monitor driver limitation)
>>

> What monitor you have that can do that res? The highest mine can do is
> 2048x1536.

FWIW, the IBM T221 and a few others using the same panel can do 3840x2400.
There may be a very few very expensive monochrome CRTs that can go higher
than that.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)