Why I'll never buy from ATI Again.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 12, 2004 9:25:26 PM

As posted recently Ati's web page states:
Drive an HDTV-ready Television with the VGA-YprPb adaptor. Available rom
ATI - enable a non-interlaced high resolution display in the Family Room!

The net is full of people who have massive overscan problems with Ati AIW
cards and their HDTV adaptor.

I paid $49.95 to ATI Canada for their useless piece of silicon.. their
response to my problems is:

Unfortunately, ATI Technical Support is unable to provide you with a
monetary refund. We would
recommend contacting the place of purchase to see if there may be a return
option available with
them.

Since Ati refuses to stand behind their product I have no recourse but the
Better Business Bureau.

Those consumers contemplating ATI purchases should take this attitude under
consideration before any purchases. They could care less once they have
their money.

Drew

More about : buy ati

Anonymous
August 12, 2004 9:37:15 PM

Drew Carter wrote:

> As posted recently Ati's web page states:
> Drive an HDTV-ready Television with the VGA-YprPb adaptor. Available rom
> ATI - enable a non-interlaced high resolution display in the Family Room!
>

> The net is full of people who have massive overscan problems with Ati AIW
> cards and their HDTV adaptor.
>
> I paid $49.95 to ATI Canada for their useless piece of silicon.. their
> response to my problems is:
>

> Unfortunately, ATI Technical Support is unable to provide you with a
> monetary refund. We would
> recommend contacting the place of purchase to see if there may be a return
> option available with
> them.
>
> Since Ati refuses to stand behind their product I have no recourse but
> the
> Better Business Bureau.

Which you expect to do what?

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Hi, I'm from the better business bureau. I'll be sending you a full refund
in the mail.

thank you for the opportunity to serve.

"Drew Carter" <hanksr80@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> As posted recently Ati's web page states:
> Drive an HDTV-ready Television with the VGA-YprPb adaptor. Available rom
> ATI - enable a non-interlaced high resolution display in the Family Room!
>

> The net is full of people who have massive overscan problems with Ati AIW
> cards and their HDTV adaptor.
>
> I paid $49.95 to ATI Canada for their useless piece of silicon.. their
> response to my problems is:
>

> Unfortunately, ATI Technical Support is unable to provide you with a
> monetary refund. We would
> recommend contacting the place of purchase to see if there may be a return
> option available with
> them.
>
> Since Ati refuses to stand behind their product I have no recourse but the
> Better Business Bureau.
>

> Those consumers contemplating ATI purchases should take this attitude
> under
> consideration before any purchases. They could care less once they have
> their money.
>

> Drew

August 13, 2004 4:25:01 AM

Simple. Unload it on someone on eBay.

"Drew Carter" <hanksr80@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> As posted recently Ati's web page states:
> Drive an HDTV-ready Television with the VGA-YprPb adaptor. Available rom
> ATI - enable a non-interlaced high resolution display in the Family Room!
>

> The net is full of people who have massive overscan problems with Ati AIW
> cards and their HDTV adaptor.
>
> I paid $49.95 to ATI Canada for their useless piece of silicon.. their
> response to my problems is:
>

> Unfortunately, ATI Technical Support is unable to provide you with a
> monetary refund. We would
> recommend contacting the place of purchase to see if there may be a return
> option available with
> them.
>
> Since Ati refuses to stand behind their product I have no recourse but
the
> Better Business Bureau.
>

> Those consumers contemplating ATI purchases should take this attitude
under
> consideration before any purchases. They could care less once they have
> their money.
>

> Drew

Anonymous
August 13, 2004 6:11:57 AM

Drew Carter wrote:

> As posted recently Ati's web page states:
> Drive an HDTV-ready Television with the VGA-YprPb adaptor. Available rom
> ATI - enable a non-interlaced high resolution display in the Family Room!
>

> The net is full of people who have massive overscan problems with Ati AIW
> cards and their HDTV adaptor.
>
> I paid $49.95 to ATI Canada for their useless piece of silicon.. their
> response to my problems is:
>

> Unfortunately, ATI Technical Support is unable to provide you with a
> monetary refund. We would
> recommend contacting the place of purchase to see if there may be a return
> option available with
> them.
>
> Since Ati refuses to stand behind their product I have no recourse but
> the
> Better Business Bureau.
>

> Those consumers contemplating ATI purchases should take this attitude
> under
> consideration before any purchases. They could care less once they have
> their money.

Uh, Drew, if you want a refund, you have to contact _customer_ support, not
_technical_ support. This is the way it is with almost every company I
have ever encountered.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
August 13, 2004 10:19:24 AM

In article <cfgn7e02gda@enews2.newsguy.com>, "Drew Carter" <hanksr80@hotmail.com> wrote:
>As posted recently Ati's web page states:
>Drive an HDTV-ready Television with the VGA-YprPb adaptor. Available rom
>ATI - enable a non-interlaced high resolution display in the Family Room!
>

>The net is full of people who have massive overscan problems with Ati AIW
>cards and their HDTV adaptor.
>
>I paid $49.95 to ATI Canada for their useless piece of silicon.. their
>response to my problems is:
>

>Unfortunately, ATI Technical Support is unable to provide you with a
>monetary refund. We would
>recommend contacting the place of purchase to see if there may be a return
>option available with
>them.
>
> Since Ati refuses to stand behind their product I have no recourse but the
>Better Business Bureau.
>

>Those consumers contemplating ATI purchases should take this attitude under
>consideration before any purchases. They could care less once they have
>their money.
>

>Drew

Its up to the store to give your money back, not ATI.
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 4:17:07 PM

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 06:19:24 GMT, glenzabr@nospamallowed.xmission.com
(GMAN) wrote:

>Its up to the store to give your money back, not ATI.

Store warrantys are usually only good for 30 days at the most, some
only 7. After that your recourse is with the manufacturer.
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 2:09:29 AM

Get your video cards from Bestbuy and get an extended warranty.
"maggot" <maggot@no.email> wrote in message
> On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 06:19:24 GMT, glenzabr@nospamallowed.xmission.com
> (GMAN) wrote:
>

>>Its up to the store to give your money back, not ATI.
>
> Store warrantys are usually only good for 30 days at the most, some
> only 7. After that your recourse is with the manufacturer.
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 8:51:57 PM

"maggot" <maggot@no.email> wrote in message
> On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 06:19:24 GMT, glenzabr@nospamallowed.xmission.com
> (GMAN) wrote:
>

> >Its up to the store to give your money back, not ATI.
>
> Store warrantys are usually only good for 30 days at the most, some
> only 7. After that your recourse is with the manufacturer.

Guess the original poster shouldn't have waited so long to thing about
getting his money back, huh???
Anonymous
August 16, 2004 8:35:22 AM

Did you buy the adapter directly from the ATi online store, or through a
retailer?

HDTVs, being digital, should not really be fed from an analog
component-video source. All Samsung LCD TVs have a DVI interface. Your TV
doesn't have it?

"Drew Carter" <hanksr80@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> As posted recently Ati's web page states:
> Drive an HDTV-ready Television with the VGA-YprPb adaptor. Available rom
> ATI - enable a non-interlaced high resolution display in the Family Room!
>

> The net is full of people who have massive overscan problems with Ati AIW
> cards and their HDTV adaptor.
>
> I paid $49.95 to ATI Canada for their useless piece of silicon.. their
> response to my problems is:
>

> Unfortunately, ATI Technical Support is unable to provide you with a
> monetary refund. We would
> recommend contacting the place of purchase to see if there may be a return
> option available with
> them.
>
> Since Ati refuses to stand behind their product I have no recourse but
the
> Better Business Bureau.
>

> Those consumers contemplating ATI purchases should take this attitude
under
> consideration before any purchases. They could care less once they have
> their money.
>

> Drew

Anonymous
August 16, 2004 9:59:38 PM

> But the BBB is ususally a waste of time
>and effort.

Hmmmm. I've had good luck with the BBB. I'm 4 out of 4 for getting
AHEAD in the end once the BBB was my last resort.

You should start drinking prune juice and KY jelly cocktails right now,
that will make things a lot smoother.
-Felatio Love
!