Multiple annoying problems here, almost ready throw it out..

First of all, it's slow, then freezes. Often get fault errors (white screen
with 2 options: close/ignore) need to restart often which doesn't seem to
help anyway. anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do with this
thing? Second, my system resources is at a measly 53% where should it be,
and how can I increase it. Hopefully, someone out there knows more about
this than I do!!!
2 answers Last reply
More about multiple annoying problems here ready throw
  1. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    Questions, for your own self-help and for others to provide constructive
    suggestions:

    1. Which model of PB system, with what speed of processor and how much memory?
    2. Which operating system?
    3. Have you run MSCONFIG to see which programs are eating up the system
    resources?
    4. Before tweaking the software, have you run memory and hard drive diagnostics?
    Try MEMTEST-86 for memory testing and the diagnostic software from whatever
    manufacturer made the hard drive. Failed or failing hardware often causes
    strange system behavior.
    5. How old is the system? If it is more than 3 or 4 years old, when was the
    C2032 3v lithium battery changed? Failed or failing battery can cause weird
    symptoms, too.

    As a rule, make sure the hardware is 100% operational before attacking strange
    software behavior... Ben Myers

    On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 14:04:44 -0500, "anacondextra" <anacondextra@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >First of all, it's slow, then freezes. Often get fault errors (white screen
    >with 2 options: close/ignore) need to restart often which doesn't seem to
    >help anyway. anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do with this
    >thing? Second, my system resources is at a measly 53% where should it be,
    >and how can I increase it. Hopefully, someone out there knows more about
    >this than I do!!!

  2. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    You may also get a useful diagnosis of your computer at www.pcpitstop.com
    and an inventory of your system at www.belarc.com PCPitstop makes
    recommendations about upgrades and other performance issues. Good luck with
    your old PB.

    On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 14:04:44 -0500, "anacondextra"
    <anacondextra@hotmail.com> wrote:

    First of all, it's slow, then freezes. Often get fault errors (white screen
    with 2 options: close/ignore) need to restart often which doesn't seem to
    help anyway. anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do with this
    thing? Second, my system resources is at a measly 53% where should it be,
    and how can I increase it. Hopefully, someone out there knows more about
    this than I do!

Packard Bell Computers