windows won't detect

My problem is similat to others posted here, but a little different. I can't even find where to turn on the wireless card that is built into my laptop. Should it automatically detect it, or do I have to set it up somehow? Connecting to my router with an ethernet cable works fine, but I can't even get Windows to tell me that I have a wireless network available. I have checked all wiring and settings twice, and now I'm stumped. Any help would be appreciated. Please email if possible. Thanks.

bar

If the wireless network adapter is installed correctly it will automatically notify you when it is in 'range' of a network and give a signal strenth value.

Check in Device Manager to see if there are any hardware devices that have a Yellow Exclamation Mark through them. If so it may be the Wireless Card. Update any drivers as required.

Which Windows are you running on the laptop? XP, XPPro, 2000NT, ME?
"iamlilysdad" <IamLilysDad@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My problem is similat to others posted here, but a little different. I
can't even find where to turn on the wireless card that is built into my
laptop. Should it automatically detect it, or do I have to set it up
somehow? Connecting to my router with an ethernet cable works fine, but I
can't even get Windows to tell me that I have a wireless network available.
I have checked all wiring and settings twice, and now I'm stumped. Any help
would be appreciated. Please email if possible. Thanks.

Sorry, I am running XP home edition.

when I tried to update the driver for my network controller, it said that it couldn't find the driver, and I don't know how to search the internet for a driver for that. There was also a problem with the sm card reader or something like that. But I uninstalled and let windows detect it automatically, but it still couldn't find a driver. What should I do now?

TRENDING THREADS