galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:5A33EB3C-D0B9-4BD7-82F9-F9E4DB8A071D@microsoft.com,
Brian <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Is it more secure to use a webmail internet interface or outlook
> express.

I'd have to say the web interface at the default settings. With the web
interface you won't automatically be downloading attacments. I personally
use OE but I don't open any attachments and read my mail in plain text
format. I allow attachments to be downloaded (which can take a while during
the worm attacks) but never open them unless I'm expecting them and I scan
them all at least twice with two different anti-virus applications. I'm not
sure who said it first but, "Security is a process, not an application."

Galen

PS: Security gurus, I'm still looking for the original author of the above
quote, anyone know who said it first?

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes