Fan replacement

I have a Radeon 8500 card in one machine with a fan that's threatening to
quit.

Where might I find a replacement, preferably one with more air flow?

--
- Mike

Remove 'spambegone.net' and reverse to send e-mail.

"Mike Ruskai" <spamten.knilhtrae@begonedynnaht.net> wrote in message
> I have a Radeon 8500 card in one machine with a fan that's threatening to
> quit.
>
> Where might I find a replacement, preferably one with more air flow?
>
> --
> - Mike
>
> Remove 'spambegone.net' and reverse to send e-mail.

Undo the 4 philips head screws and have a look at the sticker on the back of
the fan - many ATIs around that time use Adda chip coolers and fans and
there should be a part number on it. If you get a fan with more airflow
(Adda do make a higher speed version in that design), it will make more
noise with no guarantee of better cooling. The original one is perfectly
adequate for normal use (and I think even that one is too noisey). In the
mean time you may be able to get away with the old "peel back the sticker an
put a drop of sewing machine oil on the bearing" trick - reseal the sticker
and you'll probably get a little more life out of it.

Paul