Best card for 70UKP?

I am looking for the best gameing card available for around £70 UKP, I
currently have a Radeon 8500LE running at 250/250

What I am looking for (and it may well be mission impossible) is a
card (either ATI or Nvidia) that will play Doom 3 at medium qulity at
1024x768.

I have my eye on a 9600 with 256meg but I haven't kept up with GFX
card technology since I bought my Radeon DDR VIVO some years ago which
was fine until Far Cry come out so I really have no idea how much
better this will be than my 8500LE

I know I want DX9 for all the Doom 3 bells and whistles but I don't
really know what to look for - Is memory speed more important than
processor speed?

I have a K7N2 Delta mobo, i gig DDR333 ram & a Athlon 2500+ so the
rest of the hardware is fine and the mobo supports AGP8x so I would
like to get a card that supports that.

-
e-mail to aoxr19[AT]dsl[DOT]pipex[DOT]com

*All e-mail to "reply to" adrress will*
*automatically be deleted*
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
More about best card 70ukp

    £70 should get you a radeon 9600pro or an nvidia 5600. both support most of
    DX9 features (you need an X800 or 6800 for all of them). get the radeon.

    "Sunbow" <mpick@mpick.karoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > £70 should get you a radeon 9600pro or an nvidia 5600. both support most
    of
    > DX9 features (you need an X800 or 6800 for all of them). get the radeon.
    > "Luke Curtis" <mfll78@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    > >I am looking for the best gameing card available for around £70 UKP, I
    > > currently have a Radeon 8500LE running at 250/250
    > >
    > > What I am looking for (and it may well be mission impossible) is a
    > > card (either ATI or Nvidia) that will play Doom 3 at medium qulity at
    > > 1024x768.
    > >
    > > I have my eye on a 9600 with 256meg but I haven't kept up with GFX
    > > card technology since I bought my Radeon DDR VIVO some years ago which
    > > was fine until Far Cry come out so I really have no idea how much
    > > better this will be than my 8500LE
    > >
    > > I know I want DX9 for all the Doom 3 bells and whistles but I don't
    > > really know what to look for - Is memory speed more important than
    > > processor speed?
    > >
    > > I have a K7N2 Delta mobo, i gig DDR333 ram & a Athlon 2500+ so the
    > > rest of the hardware is fine and the mobo supports AGP8x so I would
    > > like to get a card that supports that.

    I have a similar set-up to you but only 512 ddr 400 ram dual channel.
    I have a 9600xt and it runs doom3 at 800x600, med setting but aa x 2.

    looking to upgrade to a 9800 pro soon.

    'fodder

    BTW, incase your wondering, ive already got a buyer for this one.

    ---
    Outgoing mail is free from nasty things that can make your computer go all
    wibbly.

    "Luke Curtis" <mfll78@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    > I am looking for the best gameing card available for around £70 UKP, I
    > currently have a Radeon 8500LE running at 250/250

    Got a used 9700 from eBay for less than £70.

    no, and yes...."

    On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 14:47:04 +0000 (UTC), "Martin Francis"
    <mcsalty@com.btinternet> wrote:

    >"Luke Curtis" <mfll78@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    >> I am looking for the best gameing card available for around £70 UKP, I
    >> currently have a Radeon 8500LE running at 250/250
    >
    >Got a used 9700 from eBay for less than £70.

    Ended up getting a FX5900 after all...
    -
    e-mail to aoxr19[AT]dsl[DOT]pipex[DOT]com

    *All e-mail to "reply to" adrress will*
    *automatically be deleted*
    -
    -