Audiovox ppc 5050 question for Microsoft MVP's

April 23, 2004 4:44:59 PM

I have the new 5050 ppc phone - very happy with it. I have a few questions:

1) I downloaded the Voice Command - awesome - i cannot find the microphone
settings (so i can adjust the the gain control). Anybody know where it is? I
have a feeling that it hasnt been included...

2) I cant figure out how to set up my pocket pc as a wireless modem for my
laptop. Could anyone send me a step by step?

TIA

Steve
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 4:45:00 PM

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 12:44:59 GMT, Steve Woolf <rgtl@rogers.com> wrote:

> I have the new 5050 ppc phone - very happy with it. I have a few
> questions:
>
> 1) I downloaded the Voice Command - awesome - i cannot find the
> microphone
> settings (so i can adjust the the gain control). Anybody know where it
> is? I
> have a feeling that it hasnt been included...
>
> 2) I cant figure out how to set up my pocket pc as a wireless modem for
> my
> laptop. Could anyone send me a step by step?
>
> TIA
>
> Steve

I am not an MVP...but this might help.. LOL

1. If you go to Start>settings>{system tab} Do you have an icon called
iPAQ Audio that you can adjust the gain settings?

Can't help you with #2 of your request...sorry.

--
Brad Isaac
editor, www.pocketpcaddict.com

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 10:18:02 -0400, Brad Isaac
<admin@pocketpcaddict_stopspams.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 12:44:59 GMT, Steve Woolf <rgtl@rogers.com> wrote:
>
>> I have the new 5050 ppc phone - very happy with it. I have a few
>> questions:
>>
>> 1) I downloaded the Voice Command - awesome - i cannot find the
>> microphone
>> settings (so i can adjust the the gain control). Anybody know where it
>> is? I
>> have a feeling that it hasnt been included...
>>
>> 2) I cant figure out how to set up my pocket pc as a wireless modem for
>> my
>> laptop. Could anyone send me a step by step?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Steve
>>

> I am not an MVP...but this might help.. LOL
>
> 1. If you go to Start>settings>{system tab} Do you have an icon called
> iPAQ Audio that you can adjust the gain settings?
>
> Can't help you with #2 of your request...sorry.

Hey, I'm sorry...I thought I read iPaq 5000 Please disregard my post above

--
Brad Isaac
editor, www.pocketpcaddict.com
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 8:54:32 PM

> 1. If you go to Start>settings>{system tab} Do you have an icon called
> iPAQ Audio that you can adjust the gain settings?
>
> Can't help you with #2 of your request...sorry.

Go to www.xda-developers.com
They have such guide.

--

..: Jakub Kanczugowski
..: www.PDAclub.pl

I had one here for review on Geekzone six months ago. Can't remember exactly
the icon name, but it should be on Settings, change to System tab and find
the Audio icon. You should have AGC there.

Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):

!