ozman

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2003

Is a 9800se 256bit worth the money? $119.00 And what are the odds
getting it unlocked to a 9800pro?

--
Ozman

In article <411d12bc$1_3@newspeer2.tds.net>, OZMAN says...
> Is a 9800se 256bit worth the money? $119.00 And what are the odds
> getting it unlocked to a 9800pro?

Hit and miss. Mine runs at 9800 XT Core/Mem speeds but if I softmod to
unlock the extra pipelines I get blocks on the screen at regular
intervals.

--
Conor

Do gooders are your most dangerous enemies. Never turn your back on the
devious bastards.

HMM yes or no Its possible to unlocked it open the disabled 4pipes . If not
u got a 128bit 4pipes card. Buts it not to bad of a deal for 119.00 . Read
this article http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20030717153234.html
"OZMAN" <bill@phisupply.com> wrote in message
> Is a 9800se 256bit worth the money? $119.00 And what are the odds
> getting it unlocked to a 9800pro?
>
> --
> Ozman

Its worth it for 119.00 even without the softmod working. If u do it make
sure u can take it back and check the stores return policy before u go out
and buy one. Make sure u can get a full refund if u dont want the card after
u tried soft mod some retailers now charge a 15% restock fee for returned
items. Check retailer on how to return the materials.