Window Firewall - No Control

Services Error Message

Could not start the ICS service on Local Computer.

Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for
deletion.

This service is listed as automatic; it won't be changed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

"Error 1068" Error Message When You Try to Turn On Internet Connection Sharing
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827328

Resources for Troubleshooting Internet Connection Sharing in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308021

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"M4568" wrote:

| Services Error Message
|
| Could not start the ICS service on Local Computer.
|
| Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for
| deletion.
|
| This service is listed as automatic; it won't be changed.
|
| Any suggestions?
|
| Thanks

map

"M4568" wrote:

> Services Error Message
>
> Could not start the ICS service on Local Computer.
>
> Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for
> deletion.
>
> This service is listed as automatic; it won't be changed.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks

Free Firewalls
ZoneAlarm (Free and up)
http://snipurl.com/6ohg

Kerio Personal Firewall (KPF) (Free and up)
http://www.kerio.com/kpf_download.html

Sygate Personal Firewall (Free and up)
http://smb.sygate.com/free/spf_download.php

I solved the problem by reinstalling the OS. Thanks, anyway.