Omega Drivers

Hey Gang,

I have a Radeon 9800 Pro and I use the Omega drivers. Do any of you have
a problem with the gamma resetting with certain games? If so have you
found a solution? Thanks!

Sam
11 answers Last reply
More about omega drivers

    "Sam Higgins" <SamHiggins2@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hey Gang,
    >
    > I have a Radeon 9800 Pro and I use the Omega drivers. Do any of you have
    > a problem with the gamma resetting with certain games? If so have you
    > found a solution? Thanks!
    >
    > Sam

    Using the Omega's here with no issues with gamma. No solution - sorry - but
    it might help you narrow it down. Version I'm using is
    'Rad_w2kxp_omega_2558_7z.exe' Shaun

    Since someone started a thread about Omega drivers I think it's convenient
    to start my mini thread here...please excuse me :)

    I am using the official 4.7 Catalyst drivers from ATi and am reluctant to
    use these Omega drivers since I heard it makes your ATi card slow (!!!???).
    Can someone confirm this?

    What are the advantages of Omega drivers?

    Do they contain more functions like refresh rate hack etc.?

    Thanks.

    I use PowerStrip to adjust Gamma in-game, not really a solution but a
    workaround..

    GP

    "Icer" <icer_54_doesnt_want_spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I use PowerStrip to adjust Gamma in-game, not really a solution but a
    > workaround..
    >
    > GP

    Thanks, is this what your referring too?
    http://entechtaiwan.net/util/ps.shtm

    On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 09:46:12 +0100, "Humja" <Dude@Freeserver.com>
    wrote:

    >Since someone started a thread about Omega drivers I think it's convenient
    >to start my mini thread here...please excuse me :)

    >I am using the official 4.7 Catalyst drivers from ATi and am reluctant to
    >use these Omega drivers since I heard it makes your ATi card slow (!!!???).
    >Can someone confirm this?

    Don't use em then Humja !

    >What are the advantages of Omega drivers?

    Read the threads here that mention Omega, GoTo omegacorner.com and
    read what you see, particularly the BIOS settings & FAQ.

    >Do they contain more functions like refresh rate hack etc.?

    Yes and much more. These drivers are for games. If games are an
    important part of your computing experience then you will benefit. If
    however you are into benchmarking and bragging rights than that kind
    of ' pissing contest ' will leave you disappointed with the Omega's !

    >Thanks.

    BoroLad

    "Humja" <Dude@Freeserver.com> wrote in message

    > I am using the official 4.7 Catalyst drivers from ATi and am reluctant to
    > use these Omega drivers since I heard it makes your ATi card slow
    (!!!???).
    > Can someone confirm this?

    Exactly the opposite is true.

    "Humja" <Dude@Freeserver.com> wrote in message
    > Since someone started a thread about Omega drivers I think it's
    > convenient
    > to start my mini thread here...please excuse me :)
    >
    > I am using the official 4.7 Catalyst drivers from ATi and am reluctant
    > use these Omega drivers since I heard it makes your ATi card slow
    > (!!!???).
    > Can someone confirm this?
    >
    > What are the advantages of Omega drivers?
    >
    > Do they contain more functions like refresh rate hack etc.?
    >
    > Thanks.

    I like the Omega's because the control panel is stripped down. The
    default ATI
    control panel I don't like because it's bloated.

    I also found that I had quit a few problems with the official drivers
    when I first installed my Radeon. The Omega's are optimized minimal
    dirext x/open gl problems.

    "Sam Higgins" <SamHiggins2@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hey Gang,
    >
    > I have a Radeon 9800 Pro and I use the Omega drivers. Do any of you have
    > a problem with the gamma resetting with certain games? If so have you
    > found a solution? Thanks!
    >
    > Sam

    I have a Sapphire 9800Pro 128MB (R350) using 2.5.58 Omegas (i forgot which
    Catalyst they're based on) working great.
    I don't have your problem, though.
    But RadLinker that's included is the best and simplest OC utility I've ever
    used on this card.
    Just my experience.

    Rick

    Yes, and thank you, brand new release out!

    GP

    On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 05:07:57 GMT, "dorkus.erectus" <gftrs@fkjus.net>
    wrote:

    >"Sam Higgins" <SamHiggins2@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hey Gang,
    >>
    >> I have a Radeon 9800 Pro and I use the Omega drivers. Do any of you have
    >> a problem with the gamma resetting with certain games? If so have you
    >> found a solution? Thanks!
    >>
    >> Sam
    >>

    >I have a Sapphire 9800Pro 128MB (R350) using 2.5.58 Omegas (i forgot which
    >Catalyst they're based on) working great.
    >I don't have your problem, though.
    >But RadLinker that's included is the best and simplest OC utility I've ever
    >used on this card.
    >Just my experience.
    >
    >Rick

    same experience here. I get better performance out of every game and
    benchmark that I through at the omega drivers. Using the latest, and
    working great. Radlinker is easy, and it works.

    "dorkus.erectus" <gftrs@fkjus.net> wrote
    > I have a Sapphire 9800Pro 128MB (R350) using 2.5.58 Omegas
    > (i forgot which Catalyst they're based on) working great.

    Seems like those are based on version 4.7 Catalysts.
    But I guess Omegas have the same bugs as officials do have,
    like flickering shadows/lights in Thief3...

Radeon Drivers ATI Graphics