Omega Drivers

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b \ Driver
August 14, 2004 11:02:18 PM

Hey Gang,

I have a Radeon 9800 Pro and I use the Omega drivers. Do any of you have
a problem with the gamma resetting with certain games? If so have you
found a solution? Thanks!

Sam

More about : omega drivers

August 15, 2004 4:13:33 AM

"Sam Higgins" <SamHiggins2@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey Gang,
>
> I have a Radeon 9800 Pro and I use the Omega drivers. Do any of you have
> a problem with the gamma resetting with certain games? If so have you
> found a solution? Thanks!
>
> Sam

Using the Omega's here with no issues with gamma. No solution - sorry - but
it might help you narrow it down. Version I'm using is
'Rad_w2kxp_omega_2558_7z.exe' Shaun
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
August 15, 2004 1:46:12 PM

Since someone started a thread about Omega drivers I think it's convenient
to start my mini thread here...please excuse me :)

I am using the official 4.7 Catalyst drivers from ATi and am reluctant to
use these Omega drivers since I heard it makes your ATi card slow (!!!???).
Can someone confirm this?

What are the advantages of Omega drivers?

Do they contain more functions like refresh rate hack etc.?

Thanks.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
August 15, 2004 3:55:16 PM

I use PowerStrip to adjust Gamma in-game, not really a solution but a
workaround..

GP

>On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 19:02:18 GMT, "Sam Higgins" <SamHiggins2@Hotmail.com> wrote:
>Hey Gang,
>
>I have a Radeon 9800 Pro and I use the Omega drivers. Do any of you have
>a problem with the gamma resetting with certain games? If so have you
>found a solution? Thanks!
>
>Sam

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
August 15, 2004 9:56:42 PM

"Icer" <icer_54_doesnt_want_spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I use PowerStrip to adjust Gamma in-game, not really a solution but a
> workaround..
>
> GP

Thanks, is this what your referring too?
http://entechtaiwan.net/util/ps.shtm
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
August 16, 2004 2:41:12 AM

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 09:46:12 +0100, "Humja" <Dude@Freeserver.com>
wrote:

>Since someone started a thread about Omega drivers I think it's convenient
>to start my mini thread here...please excuse me :)

>I am using the official 4.7 Catalyst drivers from ATi and am reluctant to
>use these Omega drivers since I heard it makes your ATi card slow (!!!???).
>Can someone confirm this?

Don't use em then Humja !

>What are the advantages of Omega drivers?

Read the threads here that mention Omega, GoTo omegacorner.com and
read what you see, particularly the BIOS settings & FAQ.

>Do they contain more functions like refresh rate hack etc.?

Yes and much more. These drivers are for games. If games are an
important part of your computing experience then you will benefit. If
however you are into benchmarking and bragging rights than that kind
of ' pissing contest ' will leave you disappointed with the Omega's !

>Thanks.

BoroLad
August 16, 2004 3:52:45 AM

"Humja" <Dude@Freeserver.com> wrote in message
news:p oWdnSO5ousKVoLcRVn-gw@eclipse.net.uk...

> I am using the official 4.7 Catalyst drivers from ATi and am reluctant to
> use these Omega drivers since I heard it makes your ATi card slow
(!!!???).
> Can someone confirm this?

Exactly the opposite is true.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
August 16, 2004 5:32:27 AM

"Humja" <Dude@Freeserver.com> wrote in message
news:p oWdnSO5ousKVoLcRVn-gw@eclipse.net.uk...
> Since someone started a thread about Omega drivers I think it's
> convenient
> to start my mini thread here...please excuse me :)
>
> I am using the official 4.7 Catalyst drivers from ATi and am reluctant
> use these Omega drivers since I heard it makes your ATi card slow
> (!!!???).
> Can someone confirm this?
>
> What are the advantages of Omega drivers?
>
> Do they contain more functions like refresh rate hack etc.?
>
> Thanks.

I like the Omega's because the control panel is stripped down. The
default ATI
control panel I don't like because it's bloated.

I also found that I had quit a few problems with the official drivers
when I first installed my Radeon. The Omega's are optimized minimal
dirext x/open gl problems.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
August 16, 2004 9:07:57 AM

"Sam Higgins" <SamHiggins2@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey Gang,
>
> I have a Radeon 9800 Pro and I use the Omega drivers. Do any of you have
> a problem with the gamma resetting with certain games? If so have you
> found a solution? Thanks!
>
> Sam

I have a Sapphire 9800Pro 128MB (R350) using 2.5.58 Omegas (i forgot which
Catalyst they're based on) working great.
I don't have your problem, though.
But RadLinker that's included is the best and simplest OC utility I've ever
used on this card.
Just my experience.

Rick
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
August 16, 2004 12:50:01 PM

Yes, and thank you, brand new release out!

GP

>On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 17:56:42 GMT, "Sam Higgins" <SamHiggins2@Hotmail.com> wrote:
>Thanks, is this what your referring too?
>http://entechtaiwan.net/util/ps.shtm

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
August 16, 2004 6:49:38 PM

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 05:07:57 GMT, "dorkus.erectus" <gftrs@fkjus.net>
wrote:

>"Sam Higgins" <SamHiggins2@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hey Gang,
>>
>> I have a Radeon 9800 Pro and I use the Omega drivers. Do any of you have
>> a problem with the gamma resetting with certain games? If so have you
>> found a solution? Thanks!
>>
>> Sam
>>

>I have a Sapphire 9800Pro 128MB (R350) using 2.5.58 Omegas (i forgot which
>Catalyst they're based on) working great.
>I don't have your problem, though.
>But RadLinker that's included is the best and simplest OC utility I've ever
>used on this card.
>Just my experience.
>
>Rick

same experience here. I get better performance out of every game and
benchmark that I through at the omega drivers. Using the latest, and
working great. Radlinker is easy, and it works.

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
August 16, 2004 8:33:43 PM

"dorkus.erectus" <gftrs@fkjus.net> wrote
> I have a Sapphire 9800Pro 128MB (R350) using 2.5.58 Omegas
> (i forgot which Catalyst they're based on) working great.

Seems like those are based on version 4.7 Catalysts.
But I guess Omegas have the same bugs as officials do have,
like flickering shadows/lights in Thief3...
!