Blinking Modem Light on Basestation

Last response: in Wireless Networking
May 23, 2004 9:51:03 AM

I noticed I could not get out to the Internet on my home LAN and I believe the problem is with my MS Wireless Router. The MODEM light on the router continuosly blinks. If I plug one of my PC's directly to my cable-modem, I get a connection. When I plug my router back in, I get nothing. Is my router shot, or is there a solution to this problem? Thanks.
May 23, 2004 5:17:31 PM

ms standard recovery process:
step 1: reboot
step 2: reinstall
step 3: update drivers, patches, bios, etc.
step 4: upgrade
step 5: blame the other guy

what does the user's manual say the blinking light means? do they have
troubleshooting instructions? have you done them all?? does the router
otherwise respond properly on the lan side? can you get to the
setup/configuration screens? have you checked and reset any password,
account name, dhcp settings, any other settings in the router??

!