who cares about doom 3

Bandit

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I thought this was the
ATI news group not a doom 3 news group so
if all you want to do is talk about doom 3 try somewhere else
(please)
unless its a driver or video card problem

Just my thoughts on doom 3

By the way when are the 4.8 drivers coming out

sleepy

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001

"Bandit" <bandit@bandit.com> wrote in message
> I thought this was the ATI news group not a doom 3 news group so
> if all you want to do is talk about doom 3 try somewhere else
> (please) unless its a driver or video card problem
>
> Just my thoughts on doom 3
>
> By the way when are the 4.8 drivers coming out

All the Doom 3 chat is inevitable given the high
profile of the game so if you dont like it - best to ignore it.
Try the 4.8 betas mate - they give me a nice boost in Doom 3 :p
and seem good and stable with all my other games.
www.guru3d.com

In article <W1_Tc.1069$ZC1.13412461@news-text.cableinet.net>,
nospam@here.com (Sleepy) wrote:

> All the Doom 3 chat is inevitable

Especially as nobody buys new vid cards to run MS Word quicker. Games
drive video card sales, so a little newsgroup crossover's bound to occur.

Andrew McP

Bandit

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Yea i know,i got all kind of games,but all the talk about to dark,no
flashlight with gun &stuff that has nothing to do with the cards
performance.Or driver problems

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:48 +0100 (BST),
andrew.mcp@DELETETHISdsl.pipex.com (Andrew MacPherson) wrote:

>In article <W1_Tc.1069$ZC1.13412461@news-text.cableinet.net>,
>nospam@here.com (Sleepy) wrote:
>
>> All the Doom 3 chat is inevitable
>
>Especially as nobody buys new vid cards to run MS Word quicker. Games
>drive video card sales, so a little newsgroup crossover's bound to occur.
>
>Andrew McP

"Bandit" <bandit@bandit.com> wrote in message
> I thought this was the
> ATI news group not a doom 3 news group so
> if all you want to do is talk about doom 3 try somewhere else
> (please)
> unless its a driver or video card problem

You could say the same about Far Cry, Half Life 2, Halo, Pandora Tomorrow,
and all the other graphics-intensive games that have featured heavily in
this group for ages. You'd be right, too... only anal stat-freaks will never
stop wanting to know everything they can do to get their framerate higher in
the biggest, flashiest games to show how superb their custom rig is.

Live with it.

no, and yes...."

But, it's why we buy the video cards. The whole frame rate thing is part of
being a PC enthusiast. If we didn't care about that stuff we would all just
be playing our games on the XBox. Overclocking, heatsinks, watercooling,
etc, etc, is all about loving the PC experience. I'll bet that a lot of
people in this and other newsgroups don't really play these games, they just
run them to appreciate the fine points of 3D display and to optimize their
current system to run them the most efficiently. It's not about the game,
it's about the PC and the video card, and performance.

JK

> Yea i know,i got all kind of games,but all the talk about to dark,no
> flashlight with gun &stuff that has nothing to do with the cards
> performance.Or driver problems
>
> On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:48 +0100 (BST),
> andrew.mcp@DELETETHISdsl.pipex.com (Andrew MacPherson) wrote:
>
>>In article <W1_Tc.1069$ZC1.13412461@news-text.cableinet.net>,
>>nospam@here.com (Sleepy) wrote:
>>
>>> All the Doom 3 chat is inevitable
>>
>>Especially as nobody buys new vid cards to run MS Word quicker. Games
>>drive video card sales, so a little newsgroup crossover's bound to occur.
>>
>>Andrew McP

NaDa

Bandit <bandit@bandit.com> wrote:
> I thought this was the ATI news group not a doom 3 news group so
> if all you want to do is talk about doom 3 try somewhere else
> (please) unless its a driver or video card problem
>

> Just my thoughts on doom 3

While this is a graphics card newsgroup dedicated to ATi cards, I see
no problems if people want to discuss about this game or that game,
since they're very relevant topics when it comes to graphics cards.
Only blind people don't talk about the game, unless they hear the game
sounds in Dolby 5.1.

Andrew

On 17 Aug 2004 03:49:22 -0700, nada_says@hotmail.com (Nada) wrote:

>While this is a graphics card newsgroup dedicated to ATi cards, I see
>no problems if people want to discuss about this game or that game,
>since they're very relevant topics when it comes to graphics cards.
>Only blind people don't talk about the game, unless they hear the game
>sounds in Dolby 5.1.

So is it okay for paedophiles to talk about child porn so long as they
look at it via an ATI card?

if it was a child porno GAME, then yes
"Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost> wrote in message
> On 17 Aug 2004 03:49:22 -0700, nada_says@hotmail.com (Nada) wrote:
>
>>While this is a graphics card newsgroup dedicated to ATi cards, I see
>>no problems if people want to discuss about this game or that game,
>>since they're very relevant topics when it comes to graphics cards.
>>Only blind people don't talk about the game, unless they hear the game
>>sounds in Dolby 5.1.
>
> So is it okay for paedophiles to talk about child porn so long as they
> look at it via an ATI card?
> --
> Andrew. To email unscramble nrc@gurjevgrzrboivbhf.pbz & remove spamtrap.
> please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevant text.
> Check groups.google.com before asking a question.

NaDa

Andrew <spamtrap@localhost> wrote:
> On 17 Aug 2004 03:49:22 -0700, nada_says@hotmail.com (Nada) wrote:
>
> >While this is a graphics card newsgroup dedicated to ATi cards, I see
> >no problems if people want to discuss about this game or that game,
> >since they're very relevant topics when it comes to graphics cards.
> >Only blind people don't talk about the game, unless they hear the game
> >sounds in Dolby 5.1.
>
> So is it okay for paedophiles to talk about child porn so long as they
> look at it via an ATI card?

Talk to your congresman about those topics. However, this is usenet
newsgroup without moderation, so I assume you probably can.