HDTV Wonder audio bug

I have a strange problem with the passthrough digital audio for HDTV.

When changing channels, the audio break up on the new channel, despite
having adiquate signal strength.
If I record the channel, the live audio breaks up, but when playing the file
through the media player, the audio is fine.
If I go to the audio menu and change the option to downmix, the audio is
fine, and stranger still, when I change the audio back to passthrough, the
problem is gone.
Also if I exit the DTV app, and then restart it, the first channel that is
tuned alway is fine.
DVD audio is alway perfect with the ATI software, so I don't believe it's my
audio card or receiver.

Hopefully it's a driver bug the will be fixed in the next release.

Has anyone else experienced the same?

Steve Good

HTPC on the cheap:
ATI Radeon 9000 Pro
Chaintech AV-710 audio card w/optical spdif
AMD Athlon XP 2000

"Steve Good" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I have a strange problem with the passthrough digital audio for HDTV.
>
> When changing channels, the audio break up on the new channel, despite
> having adiquate signal strength.
> If I record the channel, the live audio breaks up, but when playing the
file
> through the media player, the audio is fine.
> If I go to the audio menu and change the option to downmix, the audio is
> fine, and stranger still, when I change the audio back to passthrough, the
> problem is gone.
> Also if I exit the DTV app, and then restart it, the first channel that is
> tuned alway is fine.
> DVD audio is alway perfect with the ATI software, so I don't believe it's
my
> audio card or receiver.
>

> Hopefully it's a driver bug the will be fixed in the next release.
>

> Has anyone else experienced the same?
>

> Steve Good
>
> HTPC on the cheap:
> ATI Radeon 9000 Pro
> Chaintech AV-710 audio card w/optical spdif
> AMD Athlon XP 2000

I have a somewhat similar problem. If I run TV, quit it then run DTV my cpu
usage surges. Runs from 8% to 70% on 480I stations and from 70 to 100% with
1080I(not sure about 720P yet). When it reaches 100% the audio/video stops
and sounds choppy. Rebooting brings it back to normal. 2.4GHZ P4, 1GB ram,
AIW9600XT and an Audigy2(still just using 4 speakers).

Today installed MMC9.02. Still see surging. No 1080i being transmitted right
now but 720p is not reaching 100%. Funny thing is Idle never falls below
80%.

How is your cpu usage?

"T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
> "Steve Good" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > I have a strange problem with the passthrough digital audio for HDTV.
> >
> > When changing channels, the audio break up on the new channel, despite
> > having adiquate signal strength.
> > If I record the channel, the live audio breaks up, but when playing the
> file
> > through the media player, the audio is fine.
> > If I go to the audio menu and change the option to downmix, the audio is
> > fine, and stranger still, when I change the audio back to passthrough,
the
> > problem is gone.
> > Also if I exit the DTV app, and then restart it, the first channel that
is
> > tuned alway is fine.
> > DVD audio is alway perfect with the ATI software, so I don't believe
it's
> my
> > audio card or receiver.
> >

> > Hopefully it's a driver bug the will be fixed in the next release.
> >

> > Has anyone else experienced the same?
> >

> > Steve Good
> >
> > HTPC on the cheap:
> > ATI Radeon 9000 Pro
> > Chaintech AV-710 audio card w/optical spdif
> > AMD Athlon XP 2000
> >

> I have a somewhat similar problem. If I run TV, quit it then run DTV my
cpu
> usage surges. Runs from 8% to 70% on 480I stations and from 70 to 100%
with
> 1080I(not sure about 720P yet). When it reaches 100% the audio/video stops
> and sounds choppy. Rebooting brings it back to normal. 2.4GHZ P4, 1GB ram,
> AIW9600XT and an Audigy2(still just using 4 speakers).
>
> Today installed MMC9.02. Still see surging. No 1080i being transmitted
right
> now but 720p is not reaching 100%. Funny thing is Idle never falls below
> 80%.
>
> How is your cpu usage?

Typical usage is 30 to 40%, after a channel change it make spike to 60 or
70%, but only for an instant.

MMC9.20 is not posted under the HDTV wonder driver section.
Did you uninstall 9.1, or did you install 9.02 over it?

> "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
> > "Steve Good" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > > I have a strange problem with the passthrough digital audio for HDTV.
> > >
> > > When changing channels, the audio break up on the new channel, despite
> > > having adiquate signal strength.
> > > If I record the channel, the live audio breaks up, but when playing
the
> > file
> > > through the media player, the audio is fine.
> > > If I go to the audio menu and change the option to downmix, the audio
is
> > > fine, and stranger still, when I change the audio back to passthrough,
> the
> > > problem is gone.
> > > Also if I exit the DTV app, and then restart it, the first channel
that
> is
> > > tuned alway is fine.
> > > DVD audio is alway perfect with the ATI software, so I don't believe
> it's
> > my
> > > audio card or receiver.
> > >

> > > Hopefully it's a driver bug the will be fixed in the next release.
> > >

> > > Has anyone else experienced the same?
> > >

> > > Steve Good
> > >
> > > HTPC on the cheap:
> > > ATI Radeon 9000 Pro
> > > Chaintech AV-710 audio card w/optical spdif
> > > AMD Athlon XP 2000
> > >

> > I have a somewhat similar problem. If I run TV, quit it then run DTV my
> cpu
> > usage surges. Runs from 8% to 70% on 480I stations and from 70 to 100%
> with
> > 1080I(not sure about 720P yet). When it reaches 100% the audio/video
stops
> > and sounds choppy. Rebooting brings it back to normal. 2.4GHZ P4, 1GB
ram,
> > AIW9600XT and an Audigy2(still just using 4 speakers).
> >
> > Today installed MMC9.02. Still see surging. No 1080i being transmitted
> right
> > now but 720p is not reaching 100%. Funny thing is Idle never falls below
> > 80%.
> >
> > How is your cpu usage?
> >

> Typical usage is 30 to 40%, after a channel change it make spike to 60 or
> 70%, but only for an instant.
>
> MMC9.20 is not posted under the HDTV wonder driver section.
> Did you uninstall 9.1, or did you install 9.02 over it?

I had tried 9.1 but no DTV player went back to 9.01 from the disk. Saw the
9.02 in the Radeon section today and tried it. Uninstalled previous versions
before installing new versions. Read notes on Radeon page and looks like
other things should be uninstalled too. Will probably reinstall again
tommorrow. Only problem I can see is its not giving me Multview(PIP).

Played with the cpu% again and looks like its shooting up when the signal is
lost??? Found a little better place for the antenae tonight and had no
problems.