How to check if RDP is Enabled?

polaris

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin,microsoft.public.security (More info?)

Hi:

Is there an API to check if the user has "Remote Desktop" (Control Panel -
Remote) enabled?

Did not find any SDK APIs for this, and I searched whole registry but failed
to find any registry value is read about "Remote Desktop" Setting.

Is there some other development package I'm missing now (I have .NET Dev
environment).

Thanks In Advance!

Polaris

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin,microsoft.public.security (More info?)

Check to see if the Terminal Services service is running.

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
"Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> Is there an API to check if the user has "Remote Desktop" (Control Panel -
> Remote) enabled?
>
> Did not find any SDK APIs for this, and I searched whole registry but
failed
> to find any registry value is read about "Remote Desktop" Setting.
>
> Is there some other development package I'm missing now (I have .NET Dev
> environment).
>
> Thanks In Advance!
>
> Polaris

polaris

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin,microsoft.public.security (More info?)

Thanks for your info, but it seems not working: I did not enable the Remote
Desktop but the "Terminal Services" is still running (Service Status is
"Started").

Polaris

Polaris wrote:
> Thanks for your info, but it seems not working: I did not enable the
> Remote Desktop but the "Terminal Services" is still running (Service
> Status is "Started").
>
> Polaris

telnet machineNameOrIP 3389 <enter>

> "Roger Abell" <mvpNOSpam@asu.edu> wrote in message
>> Check to see if the Terminal Services service is running.
>>
>> --
>> Roger Abell
>> Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
>> MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4) MCDBA
>> "Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi:
>>>
>>> Is there an API to check if the user has "Remote Desktop" (Control
>>> Panel -
>>> Remote) enabled?
>>>
>>> Did not find any SDK APIs for this, and I searched whole registry
>>> but failed to find any registry value is read about "Remote
>>> Desktop" Setting.
>>>
>>> Is there some other development package I'm missing now (I have
>>> .NET Dev environment).
>>>
>>> Thanks In Advance!
>>>
>>> Polaris

polaris

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin,microsoft.public.security (More info?)

That seems working. Thanks for your help.

Polaris

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> Polaris wrote:
>> Thanks for your info, but it seems not working: I did not enable the
>> Remote Desktop but the "Terminal Services" is still running (Service
>> Status is "Started").
>>
>> Polaris
>
> telnet machineNameOrIP 3389 <enter>
>

>> "Roger Abell" <mvpNOSpam@asu.edu> wrote in message
>>> Check to see if the Terminal Services service is running.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Roger Abell
>>> Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
>>> MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4) MCDBA
>>> "Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote in message

polaris

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin,microsoft.public.security (More info?)

Just found out the registry setting for the RDP flag:

System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Terminal Server\\fDenyTSConnections

Polaris

Polaris wrote:
> Just found out the registry setting for the RDP flag:
>
> System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Terminal
> Server\\fDenyTSConnections

That's easier than a telnet command?