Windows XP Firewall options grayed out

Hello,

I have just updated my windows with SP 2, and I would like to enable the XP
Firewall.

I go into the FireWall option under the control panel, and the radio buttons
to turn On and Off the firewall are disabled.

How do I 'ungray' these options so I can select 'On'?

Thanks in advance.

Steve
1 answer Last reply
More about windows firewall options grayed

    "Steven K" <StevenK@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have just updated my windows with SP 2, and I would like to enable the
    > XP
    > Firewall.
    >
    > I go into the FireWall option under the control panel, and the radio
    > buttons
    > to turn On and Off the firewall are disabled.
    >
    > How do I 'ungray' these options so I can select 'On'?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Steve

    Only an account with administrator rights can enable/disable the firewall.
    Logon as Administrator and activate the firewall. Set the exceptions you
    need (best would be none) and logoff again. Logon as your normal user and
    the firwall should be active.

    --
    Freundliche Gruesse
    David R.