why isn't there a working repair option

why isn't there a working repair option when some part of the AIW fails ? "You
can't get there from here" is one cliche that applies to reusing the install
disk with the express option.

Might just be with the 9800 and XP pro. Can't speak for other setups.
Every time something fails, TV listing, player, TV scheduler, TV, etc.. about
the only fix is a complete removal of everything ATI and start over from
scratch.

I try to use the express, but if the display drivers are intact, the express
fails every time when trying to reinstall. Says try installing with generic
VGA.

I think ATI is hardware oriented and their software wizards just aren't... When
it's running right I can't say anything bad, but eventually the software fails
somewhere and it's back to square 1.

That's why you get something completely separate from the video card, like a
WinfastTV. :)

1. You don't have to pay extra for the tuner/capture portion of the card
every time you upgrade for games.

2. The drivers are separate.

"Husky" <cbminfo@toast.net> wrote in message
> why isn't there a working repair option when some part of the AIW fails ?
"You
> can't get there from here" is one cliche that applies to reusing the
install
> disk with the express option.
>
> Might just be with the 9800 and XP pro. Can't speak for other setups.
> Every time something fails, TV listing, player, TV scheduler, TV, etc..
about
> the only fix is a complete removal of everything ATI and start over from
> scratch.
>
> I try to use the express, but if the display drivers are intact, the
express
> fails every time when trying to reinstall. Says try installing with
generic
> VGA.
>
> I think ATI is hardware oriented and their software wizards just aren't...
When
> it's running right I can't say anything bad, but eventually the software
fails
> somewhere and it's back to square 1.
>
> --
> more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html

Yupper, that's the way to go. I'll never get another card.with a
tuner/video-in.