Last HL2 update

What's with this update?

According to the news it should fix the stuttering.

But on my system it has become even worse :-(

Earlier it didn't stutter until some time, now it stutters for 10
seconds at the start menu when I click on "Load game" :-(

And when the games starts it's jerky as hell :-(

And when I break something (like a box with the crowbar),
both the action and sound stutter was terrible :-(

Almost not playable anymore (just annoying)

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ # 7297605
Win98se, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!

"Lars-Erik Østerud" <.@.> wrote in message
> What's with this update?
>
> According to the news it should fix the stuttering.
>
> But on my system it has become even worse :-(
>
> Earlier it didn't stutter until some time, now it stutters for 10
> seconds at the start menu when I click on "Load game" :-(

I found that at first my HL2 never stuttered but after one of the "fix
stutter" updates it now stutters when I click load game.....not really
annoying but things seem to be getting worse....

Lars-Erik Østerud wrote:
> What's with this update?
>
> According to the news it should fix the stuttering.
>
> But on my system it has become even worse :-(
>
> Earlier it didn't stutter until some time, now it stutters for 10
> seconds at the start menu when I click on "Load game" :-(
>
> And when the games starts it's jerky as hell :-(
>
> And when I break something (like a box with the crowbar),
> both the action and sound stutter was terrible :-(
>
> Almost not playable anymore (just annoying)

It seems to have broken a load of stuff with mine, models and sounds
aren't working properly and stuff... nice one Valve :(

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

It's working quite well for me. I deleted my tweak settings in the
auotexec.cfg before playing. Seems to me that they finally got the game
working well. Too bad I'm almost done with it. Beat it twice on easy, once
on medium and I'm now half way through on hard.

DaveL