X800 XT PE built by ATI. Anyone know availability and pric..

Howdy all,

I was interested in buying a X800 XT PE card built by ATI (if I had to
I would get another name brand, but I'd rather get an ATI). Does
anyone know when they will be available? I have seen a few X800 XT
cards, but almost no Platinum Editions.

Also, could someone refresh my memory as to exactly what performance
improvements there are between the PE and the regular XT?

I'm really looking forward to this card. I remember when I got my
9700 Pro when it first came out and how much I loved it :)

Thanks a bunch!

Sean

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Availability varies between August 23rd, and September 20th. Not sure WHAT
ATI is doing with their PR work regarding the XT PE cards.

Performance difference is in clockspeed of the core and memory. Plain XTs
are only available for PCI-E, while the XT PE are for the AGP slots. XT PE
are better performing, even though its using older AGP slots.

I too am looking forward to this card. I don't want an Nvidia card....too
loud from what I hear...that and they recommended a 480w power supply. I'm
not buying another PSU just for my video card. That'll be when I build a new
PC.

I pre-ordered one from Dell for $416.00....about $450 after shipping and
tax. But shesh, DELL doesn't even know the availability of the cards!

-Shaun

"Bryan Williams" <bryandmc at gamew00d dot net> wrote in message
> Howdy all,
>
> I was interested in buying a X800 XT PE card built by ATI (if I had to
> I would get another name brand, but I'd rather get an ATI). Does
> anyone know when they will be available? I have seen a few X800 XT
> cards, but almost no Platinum Editions.
>
> Also, could someone refresh my memory as to exactly what performance
> improvements there are between the PE and the regular XT?
>
> I'm really looking forward to this card. I remember when I got my
> 9700 Pro when it first came out and how much I loved it :)
>
> Thanks a bunch!

"Bryan Williams" <bryandmc at gamew00d dot net> wrote in message
> Howdy all,
>
> I was interested in buying a X800 XT PE card built by ATI (if I had to
> I would get another name brand, but I'd rather get an ATI). Does
> anyone know when they will be available? I have seen a few X800 XT
> cards, but almost no Platinum Editions.
>
> Also, could someone refresh my memory as to exactly what performance
> improvements there are between the PE and the regular XT?
>
> I'm really looking forward to this card. I remember when I got my
> 9700 Pro when it first came out and how much I loved it :)
>
> Thanks a bunch!

I called CDW and they say they don't know if they'll ever get the card. The
woman I spoke to said the way she understood it the card would only be
available direct from ATI.

Lou

"Bryan Williams" <bryandmc at gamew00d dot net> wrote in message
> Howdy all,
>
> I was interested in buying a X800 XT PE card built by ATI (if I had to
> I would get another name brand, but I'd rather get an ATI). Does
> anyone know when they will be available? I have seen a few X800 XT
> cards, but almost no Platinum Editions.
>
> Also, could someone refresh my memory as to exactly what performance
> improvements there are between the PE and the regular XT?
>
> I'm really looking forward to this card. I remember when I got my
> 9700 Pro when it first came out and how much I loved it :)
>
> Thanks a bunch!

According to the ZipZoomFly site it looks like they have the ASUS X800 XT
PE in stock but it's $699.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=324503

"Lou" <no-spam@sonic.net> wrote in message

> "Bryan Williams" <bryandmc at gamew00d dot net> wrote in message
> > Howdy all,
> >
> > I was interested in buying a X800 XT PE card built by ATI (if I had to
> > I would get another name brand, but I'd rather get an ATI). Does
> > anyone know when they will be available? I have seen a few X800 XT
> > cards, but almost no Platinum Editions.
> >
> > Also, could someone refresh my memory as to exactly what performance
> > improvements there are between the PE and the regular XT?
> >
> > I'm really looking forward to this card. I remember when I got my
> > 9700 Pro when it first came out and how much I loved it :)
> >
> > Thanks a bunch!
>
> According to the ZipZoomFly site it looks like they have the ASUS X800 XT
> PE in stock but it's $699.
>
> http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=324503

That's a bit expensive, isn't it?

--
NoRemorse
"Expect me when you see me."

Lou

"NoRemorse" <thebummer@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > According to the ZipZoomFly site it looks like they have the ASUS X800
XT
> > PE in stock but it's $699.
> >
> > http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=324503
>
> That's a bit expensive, isn't it?
>
> --
> NoRemorse
> "Expect me when you see me."

Yes it is, and further searching I found that CompUSA appears to have the
Visiontech Xtasy X800 XT PE in stock for $499.
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=314837&pfp=BROWSE
It said you can only order it for pickup at the stores though , so I wonder
if it is really in stock for pickup now. you place a pickup order you will
not be charged unless you actually go and pick it up at the store.
Very tempting, but I was hoping to find a card with the arctic cooler like
th HIS X800 XT PE IcedQ
to keep my PC cool and quiet.
http://www.hisdigital.com/html/x800xt_iceqii.htm

Lou

Call the store near you and you will find out it is not in stock and
they have no idea if it ever will be.. I got the same story from
PCConnection and OutPost.com, where I had pre-orders and cancelled
them.

I just ordered an IN-STOCK 6800GT.. too bad ATI REALLY dropped the
ball on this one..

G Patricks

>On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 05:51:37 GMT, "Lou" <no-spam@sonic.net> wrote:
>Yes it is, and further searching I found that CompUSA appears to have the
>Visiontech Xtasy X800 XT PE in stock for $499.
>http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=314837&pfp=BROWSE
>It said you can only order it for pickup at the stores though , so I wonder
>if it is really in stock for pickup now. you place a pickup order you will
>not be charged unless you actually go and pick it up at the store.
>Very tempting, but I was hoping to find a card with the arctic cooler like
>th HIS X800 XT PE IcedQ
>to keep my PC cool and quiet.
>http://www.hisdigital.com/html/x800xt_iceqii.htm
>

>Lou

Just did the same thing...

G P

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:05:01 +0100, "Chip" <anneonymouse@virgin.net>
wrote:

Many thanks for the replies folks!

I may also consider the Nvidia card if P.S. issues are not as bad as
they originally speculated.

I do however like the latest Radeon drivers feature of separate 3D
gamma adjustments. I long for the days of 3Dfx where the drivers had
individual gamma adjustments for desktop, OpenGL, and Direct3D. The
last two releases of the Catalyst drivers come close in that the Full
Screen 3D gamma adjustment is just that; it brightens 3D games and
leaves the desktop alone.

I realize this feature is not needed in most modern games however I
play Counter-Strike and the gamma in that game never looks quite right
without some tweaking, and I don't want to resort to third party
utilities just for one game.

I also remember back in the last days of 3Dfx and some of the dirty
tricks Nvidia played with some of the website reviewers, but that is
all in the past.

If I did go for an Nvidia card, what would some good vendors be
(mainly thinking about warranty coverage and so forth)?

Thanks again!

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:00:20 -0400, Icer
<G_Patricks_doesnt_want_spam@onlineracin.com> wrote:

>Call the store near you and you will find out it is not in stock and
>they have no idea if it ever will be.. I got the same story from
>PCConnection and OutPost.com, where I had pre-orders and cancelled
>them.

Bryan - Get Powerstip (google search) and you can assign Gamma up/down
to keystrokes that you can hit in or out of a game.. I use the Omega
Drivers which break the ATI Gamma adjust so i've been doing it that
way for a looong time anyway.

GP

"Agent777" <Agent777@n0-n0-na.net> wrote in message

> "Bryan Williams" <bryandmc at gamew00d dot net> wrote in message
> > Howdy all,
> >
> > I was interested in buying a X800 XT PE card built by ATI (if I had to
> > I would get another name brand, but I'd rather get an ATI). Does
> > anyone know when they will be available? I have seen a few X800 XT
> > cards, but almost no Platinum Editions.
> >
> > Also, could someone refresh my memory as to exactly what performance
> > improvements there are between the PE and the regular XT?
> >
> > I'm really looking forward to this card. I remember when I got my
> > 9700 Pro when it first came out and how much I loved it :)
> >
> > Thanks a bunch!
>
> I called CDW and they say they don't know if they'll ever get the card.
The
> woman I spoke to said the way she understood it the card would only be
> available direct from ATI.

Having contacted several companies in the UK with regards to the
PCI-Express Version of the X800XT PE I've received the same reply from
four - The latest they have from suppliers is it will be six weeks. I
imagine if they manage to keep to this it's gonna be sooner for you lot in
the US. But on the otherhand I guess it doesn't mean too much cos they'll
probably just keep letting the date slip back but one can hope...