Radeon 9550

I built a system for a coworker with a radeon 9550, it seems to randomly
reset, unless you put the hardware acceloration down to nothing. I'm using
the latest ati drivers, is there anything else i can do?

Thanks

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"Jamco" <Homer@jamcojams.com> wrote in message
> I built a system for a coworker with a radeon 9550, it seems to randomly
> reset, unless you put the hardware acceloration down to nothing. I'm
using
> the latest ati drivers, is there anything else i can do?

Which OS and what type of system? Try reinstalling DirectX and the m/b
chipset drivers.

its windows xp home edition
assus motherboard
athlon 2500+ CPU
512 megs RAM
this is odd...when i install the radeon drivers its fine, can go into the
advanded display settings and everything shows up.
then after a reboot when i try again, all the settings in the advanced are
gone, its just back to the regular as if no drivers are installed?

Jamco schrieb:
> I built a system for a coworker with a radeon 9550, it seems to randomly
> reset, unless you put the hardware acceloration down to nothing. I'm using
> the latest ati drivers, is there anything else i can do?
>
> Thanks

Hi Jamco,

give it back to your retailer. I had the same problem. The card isn_t
worth the price:
http://www.planet3dnow.de/cgi-bin/newspub/viewnews.cgi?category=1&id=1080506339

Try to get an older 9600Pro or something else on ebay...

Good luck,
Hannes.