Cant't run ATI TV with dual display with AIW 8500

If this question has been asked before, sorry.

I just got a ATI RD7000 PCI card for dual display with my AIW 8500.
Now I can't run ATV TV program. It said "unable to start TV". No
"default display" when I try to set up ATI TV manually.

Thanks,
Dennis
3 answers Last reply
More about cant dual display 8500

    I had nothing but problems trying to run 2 ATI cards. In my case a Radeon
    7200 (agp) and an Xpert98 (pci).

    To get everything to work properly

    1) Install agp card by itself, insure everything works properly
    2) Add pci card to system and install ONLY the driver. The full install
    seems to be too stupid to look at all ATI cards in system and appears to
    only notice the pci card and it's lack of mm features etc. so removes the
    existing software the agp card installed!!!

    Under 98SE this still resulted in the Xpert's driver deleting the "TV-Out
    enable/disable" dialog (presumably as it loaded at bootup) which meant I had
    to always disable the 2nd card and reboot first to enable TV-Out. After
    booting I could re-enable to 2nd card and the TV-Out control dialog
    remained???

    Under XP it was no problem.

    Notice the bs one has to go through to update drivers because of having to
    first remove the 2nd card, made it a real pain in the butt. I've eliminated
    the problem by using an old Cirrus Logic card for the 2nd display
    (documented as a supported 2nd card in displays.txt 98SE has).

    "Dennis" <defung@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > If this question has been asked before, sorry.
    >
    > I just got a ATI RD7000 PCI card for dual display with my AIW 8500.
    > Now I can't run ATV TV program. It said "unable to start TV". No
    > "default display" when I try to set up ATI TV manually.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Dennis

    "Dennis" <defung@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > If this question has been asked before, sorry.
    >
    > I just got a ATI RD7000 PCI card for dual display with my AIW 8500.
    > Now I can't run ATV TV program. It said "unable to start TV". No
    > "default display" when I try to set up ATI TV manually.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Dennis

    When installing two video cards, the primary card must be installed last.
    Since the TV only works on the primary card, the AIW8500 would have to be
    installed after the PCI card.

    Dennis wrote:
    > If this question has been asked before, sorry.
    >
    > I just got a ATI RD7000 PCI card for dual display with my AIW 8500.
    > Now I can't run ATV TV program. It said "unable to start TV". No
    > "default display" when I try to set up ATI TV manually.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Dennis

    If you are running MCE you need windvd oddly enough.

Radeon TV ATI Graphics Displays