Wireless and RAM

Sam

Does Wireless hog RAM? I have got a family member who is
part of a wireless network and is complaining that her
Windows 98 with 128 MB RAM is using up her RAM plus some
other programs that she has installed slowing her
computer way down. I cannot confirm this. She is thinking
on getting a new computer and getting lots of RAM because
she wants to continue using her wireless network.

Any input on this?

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

wireless should not use any more ram than any other networking method.
there may be other causes of network programs eating ram, most of them bad.
scan for viruses, worms, adware, and spyware doing bad stuff.

of course there are lots of good reasons to get a new computer with more ram
anyway, maybe this is just an excuse.

"Sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does Wireless hog RAM? I have got a family member who is
> part of a wireless network and is complaining that her
> Windows 98 with 128 MB RAM is using up her RAM plus some
> other programs that she has installed slowing her
> computer way down. I cannot confirm this. She is thinking
> on getting a new computer and getting lots of RAM because
> she wants to continue using her wireless network.
>
> Any input on this?

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi.

RAM is not an issue in Wireless or any other Network hardware.

Jack