Saphire Radeon 9800 Pro Atlantis... ????

OK, a while ago there was a big hoopla over Saphire releasing
castrated 128-bit version of Radeon 9800 called "Atlantis".

I saw a "Saphire Radeon 9800 Pro Atlantis" in the store today. There
were no stickers marking it as "128-bit". Would a box labeled clearly
as "Saphire Radeon 9800 Pro Atlantis" be definitely 100% the 256-bit
version? I read on google that Saphire went as far as labeling their
128-bit cards as "9800 pro" to fool its loyal customers.

I would hate to go home with one of these "9800 Pro Atlantis" things,
only to find out it's the castrated version. I would ask the
salesman, but 9 times out of 10, they'll just give me a goofy look
instead of a real answer.

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

> I would hate to go home with one of these "9800 Pro Atlantis" things,
> only to find out it's the castrated version. I would ask the
> salesman, but 9 times out of 10, they'll just give me a goofy look
> instead of a real answer.

The 128bit versions do not have the word "Pro" on the box. Early production
did, but these all had a 128bit sticker on the box also.

A 256bit Atlantis 9800 Pro box looks like this....

http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/9800proatl.asp

A 128bit Atlantis 9800 looks like this...

http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/9800-256-128.asp

you can tell with benchmarks generally a 5500 is good anything if it only
gets 2200 3dmark 03 card is 128 bit version. Youll need one that gets 5500
3dmark03 to qualify as a 256bit version something even close can still be a
256bit this is a good estimate 5000 ok .