user account types

Tags:
  • Windows XP
February 28, 2005 9:39:04 PM

I have Windows XP sp2 Home edition. It comes with three user account types,
administrator, restricted user, and guest. There are a few games my kids have
that pop up a window requiring the user to have administrator rights to run
the software. I really do not want to give the kids full access rights to the
computer. I have them set at restricted user. Is there a way around this? Am
I able to create another account type that is a little more forgiving then
the restricted user?

More about : user account types

Anonymous
March 1, 2005 6:29:03 AM

In the Professional version of XP there is a Power User account, but I don't
think that is available in Home edition.

You may need to upgrade to Pro to get that account type.

!