How do you disjoin a nt workstation from an NT domain & re..

How does one disjoin a NT workstation (by this I mean NT, 2000 Pro or XP Pro)
from a NT, 2000 or 2003 SERVER domain? Then, how can you rejoin this domain
and keep your same user profile, name and shares intact?
1 answer Last reply
More about disjoin workstation domain

    "MarshalK" <MarshalK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How does one disjoin a NT workstation (by this I mean NT, 2000 Pro or XP
    > Pro)
    > from a NT, 2000 or 2003 SERVER domain? Then, how can you rejoin this
    > domain
    > and keep your same user profile, name and shares intact?

    If you are using roaming profiles then it is a non issues.
    Since the user account and all profile information is stored in the domain
    and on a file server.
    If you are using a domain account and a local profile - move that profile to
    be a roaming profile prior to removing the machine from the domain.

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    "MarshalK" <MarshalK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How does one disjoin a NT workstation (by this I mean NT, 2000 Pro or XP
    > Pro)
    > from a NT, 2000 or 2003 SERVER domain? Then, how can you rejoin this
    > domain
    > and keep your same user profile, name and shares intact?

Domain Workstations Windows XP