How do you disjoin a nt workstation from an NT domain & re..

How does one disjoin a NT workstation (by this I mean NT, 2000 Pro or XP Pro)
from a NT, 2000 or 2003 SERVER domain? Then, how can you rejoin this domain
and keep your same user profile, name and shares intact?

"MarshalK" <MarshalK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How does one disjoin a NT workstation (by this I mean NT, 2000 Pro or XP
> Pro)
> from a NT, 2000 or 2003 SERVER domain? Then, how can you rejoin this
> domain
> and keep your same user profile, name and shares intact?

If you are using roaming profiles then it is a non issues.
Since the user account and all profile information is stored in the domain
and on a file server.
If you are using a domain account and a local profile - move that profile to
be a roaming profile prior to removing the machine from the domain.

--

Regards,

Mike
--