Log On Security Window Lost Password

I have not used my laptop for awhile and I have forgot the Administrator
Password. How do I get passed this security window?
1 answer Last reply
More about security window lost password

    wil wrote:

    > I have not used my laptop for awhile and I have forgot the
    > Administrator Password. How do I get passed this security window?

    Is this XP Pro or Home? If Home, start the machine in Safe Mode and you
    will see the normally hidden Administrator account. Unless you changed
    that particular account's password, the default is a blank.

    If you have Pro and/or you did change the Administrator password, try
    ntpasswd from:

    Use this program to reset the Administrator password to a blank. Then
    you can log in and change it to something else which you will remember.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers

Lost Password Security Microsoft Windows XP