microsoft new antivirus

i have recently installed the new antivirus from microsoft,all was well
untill i connected a router for my daughters laptop,now her antivirus has
taken priority over my comp.i can no longer update my antivirus,all the FAQS
come up with is do a manual download,but i cant find a manual download link
to the microsoft antivirus,only auto update.?.
2 answers Last reply
More about microsoft antivirus

    It is NOT anti-virus, you need anti-virus software installed to protect you
    from viruses. It is Anti-Spyware only. I would also advise that you use
    Adaware SE, CWShredder and Spybot Search and Destroy........try using
    Google.....and the link is here:

    Peter.
    Toronto, Canada.
    XP Home SP2.
    P4 @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HDD, 1.0gb DDR.
    "p.a.t.u." <patu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i have recently installed the new antivirus from microsoft,all was well
    > untill i connected a router for my daughters laptop,now her antivirus has
    > taken priority over my comp.i can no longer update my antivirus,all the
    > FAQS
    > come up with is do a manual download,but i cant find a manual download
    > link
    > to the microsoft antivirus,only auto update.?.

    Hi,

    Your new router may have a "built in" firewall and may need to just be given
    permission for the program to be allowed through it. Check the manufatures
    website for information on how to set permissions using their product.

    Other "firewalls" like Zone Alarm, etc. usually require this permission also
    if a router or modem has a built in firewall so it is something you need to
    learn to do.

    On one system with a Cable Modem the updates did not keep the permissions
    intact and with each update to Zone Alarm the permission had to be reset.
    This system has now had the hardware updated to the latest version and does
    not have Zone Alarm on it. It works perfectly now.

    "Peter" wrote:

    > It is NOT anti-virus, you need anti-virus software installed to protect you
    > from viruses. It is Anti-Spyware only. I would also advise that you use
    > Adaware SE, CWShredder and Spybot Search and Destroy........try using
    > Google.....and the link is here:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx
    >
    > --
    > Peter.
    > Toronto, Canada.
    > XP Home SP2.
    > P4 @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HDD, 1.0gb DDR.
    > "p.a.t.u." <patu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >i have recently installed the new antivirus from microsoft,all was well
    > > untill i connected a router for my daughters laptop,now her antivirus has
    > > taken priority over my comp.i can no longer update my antivirus,all the
    > > FAQS
    > > come up with is do a manual download,but i cant find a manual download
    > > link
    > > to the microsoft antivirus,only auto update.?.

Download Microsoft Antivirus Windows XP