Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

please help, is there any way to track my son

Tags:
  • Computers
  • Windows XP
March 2, 2005 9:19:03 AM

Hi, I'm a new user, I've had my computer for about 8 months, and I am
concerned about what my son is doing on the computer before I get home, I
disconnect the internet, I take the modem with me, but I can't afford that
expensive software to track, someone at work told me about a folder called
"recent", that would show what he has accessed,I concerned that he's already
got a folder with porn on it somewhere in the computer.
I tried looking at "file" in media player, it shows nothing, and he knows
how to erase history, this recent file only shows pictures, how can I get it
to show videos?

Thank you so much,
concerned mom

More about : track son

March 2, 2005 11:03:05 AM

I would think that if you are the ONLY "ADMINISTRATOR" ... he wouldn't be
able to do anything without your permission and program authorization. To
give him "Limited Access" go to "Control Panel", "User Accounts", "Change an
account" and change his "login account name", "permission" to "Limited" ...
HE AIN'T GONNA LIKE IT BUT IT SHOULD SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM. Plus look at all
the features and options you can set under the Limited use to see and learn
more about this feature.

"concerned mom" wrote:

> Hi, I'm a new user, I've had my computer for about 8 months, and I am
> concerned about what my son is doing on the computer before I get home, I
> disconnect the internet, I take the modem with me, but I can't afford that
> expensive software to track, someone at work told me about a folder called
> "recent", that would show what he has accessed,I concerned that he's already
> got a folder with porn on it somewhere in the computer.
> I tried looking at "file" in media player, it shows nothing, and he knows
> how to erase history, this recent file only shows pictures, how can I get it
> to show videos?
>
> Thank you so much,
> concerned mom
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 11:33:14 AM

Consider installing a first-rate internet security program which
includes "Parental Controls".

Norton Internet Security 2005
http://www.symantec.com/sabu/nis/nis_pe/

-- Includes Norton AntiVirus 2004
-- Includes Norton Personal Firewall
-- Includes prevention of annoying web pop-ups
-- Includes Parental Controls
-- All in one, easy-to-install package

You may want to try the following:

IamBigBrother Spy Software 9.0
http://www.software4parents.com/iambigbrother.html?hop=...

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"concerned mom" wrote:

| Hi, I'm a new user, I've had my computer for about 8 months, and I am
| concerned about what my son is doing on the computer before I get home, I
| disconnect the internet, I take the modem with me, but I can't afford that
| expensive software to track, someone at work told me about a folder called
| "recent", that would show what he has accessed,I concerned that he's already
| got a folder with porn on it somewhere in the computer.
| I tried looking at "file" in media player, it shows nothing, and he knows
| how to erase history, this recent file only shows pictures, how can I get it
| to show videos?
|
| Thank you so much,
| concerned mom
March 2, 2005 11:53:08 AM

It's somewhat pricy, but if you REALLY want to know what he's doing...

Get Spector

www.spectorsoft.com

It's an incredible program for this kind of thing.

Matt Gibson - GSEC

"concerned mom" <concerned mom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I'm a new user, I've had my computer for about 8 months, and I am
> concerned about what my son is doing on the computer before I get home, I
> disconnect the internet, I take the modem with me, but I can't afford that
> expensive software to track, someone at work told me about a folder called
> "recent", that would show what he has accessed,I concerned that he's
> already
> got a folder with porn on it somewhere in the computer.
> I tried looking at "file" in media player, it shows nothing, and he knows
> how to erase history, this recent file only shows pictures, how can I get
> it
> to show videos?
>
> Thank you so much,
> concerned mom
September 20, 2011 3:42:26 AM

So old a topic, but it is really a common topic. So still want to share my suggestion here. After searching, there isn't anything free for mac nowadays, mostly trialware. As far as I'm concerned, free software is always not completely functional. I know much about this Amac family keylogger mac as my auntie has been using it for six months, and she thinks highly of it. It is not free but it may worth your money.