Security Policy Change ID850

After the installation of MSN Beta v7, MS Beta Spyware, attending a online
training session via MSPP and the programs it installed;

I now have 7 Window Firewall exception that show as the ID 850.

Only other program installed was HDD Hex editor a "free" program.

Can anyone inform me as to if this should be?? No information is given on
the ID 850 in the MS Knowledge Base.
--
Thanks from Rick
3 answers Last reply

    TCM wrote:

    > After the installation of MSN Beta v7, MS Beta Spyware, attending a
    > online training session via MSPP and the programs it installed;
    >
    > I now have 7 Window Firewall exception that show as the ID 850.
    >
    > Only other program installed was HDD Hex editor a "free" program.
    >
    > Can anyone inform me as to if this should be?? No information is
    > given on the ID 850 in the MS Knowledge Base.

    You've installed two *beta* programs. In case you weren't sure, "beta"
    means software that isn't finished yet. It is still in the
    bug-discovery-fixing stage. Beta software should never be installed on
    a production machine.

    I can't address any issue regarding MSN, but MSAS has known issues with
    the Windows Firewall. To reset the firewall, do:

    Start>Run cmd [enter]
    netsh winsock reset catalog [enter]
    Follow prompts and reboot.

    FIREWALL DEAD, or other network issues:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892350

    Please post any questions/comments regarding the beta MSAS in one of the
    newsgroups specifically set up for it:

    http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    "Thank you" for the information. I will reset. Very much appreciate your
    assistance.

    God Bless, Rick

    "Malke" wrote:

    > TCM wrote:
    >
    > > After the installation of MSN Beta v7, MS Beta Spyware, attending a
    > > online training session via MSPP and the programs it installed;
    > >
    > > I now have 7 Window Firewall exception that show as the ID 850.
    > >
    > > Only other program installed was HDD Hex editor a "free" program.
    > >
    > > Can anyone inform me as to if this should be?? No information is
    > > given on the ID 850 in the MS Knowledge Base.
    >
    > You've installed two *beta* programs. In case you weren't sure, "beta"
    > means software that isn't finished yet. It is still in the
    > bug-discovery-fixing stage. Beta software should never be installed on
    > a production machine.
    >
    > I can't address any issue regarding MSN, but MSAS has known issues with
    > the Windows Firewall. To reset the firewall, do:
    >
    > Start>Run cmd [enter]
    > netsh winsock reset catalog [enter]
    > Follow prompts and reboot.
    >
    > FIREWALL DEAD, or other network issues:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892350
    >
    > Please post any questions/comments regarding the beta MSAS in one of the
    > newsgroups specifically set up for it:
    >
    > http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > Elephant Boy Computers
    > www.elephantboycomputers.com
    > "Don't Panic!"

    Thank you very much Malke. I will reset.

    Bless you!! Rick

    "Malke" wrote:

    > TCM wrote:
    >
    > > After the installation of MSN Beta v7, MS Beta Spyware, attending a
    > > online training session via MSPP and the programs it installed;
    > >
    > > I now have 7 Window Firewall exception that show as the ID 850.
    > >
    > > Only other program installed was HDD Hex editor a "free" program.
    > >
    > > Can anyone inform me as to if this should be?? No information is
    > > given on the ID 850 in the MS Knowledge Base.
    >
    > You've installed two *beta* programs. In case you weren't sure, "beta"
    > means software that isn't finished yet. It is still in the
    > bug-discovery-fixing stage. Beta software should never be installed on
    > a production machine.
    >
    > I can't address any issue regarding MSN, but MSAS has known issues with
    > the Windows Firewall. To reset the firewall, do:
    >
    > Start>Run cmd [enter]
    > netsh winsock reset catalog [enter]
    > Follow prompts and reboot.
    >
    > FIREWALL DEAD, or other network issues:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892350
    >
    > Please post any questions/comments regarding the beta MSAS in one of the
    > newsgroups specifically set up for it:
    >
    > http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us
    >
    > Malke
    > --