TCM

After the installation of MSN Beta v7, MS Beta Spyware, attending a online
training session via MSPP and the programs it installed;

I now have 7 Window Firewall exception that show as the ID 850.

Only other program installed was HDD Hex editor a "free" program.

Can anyone inform me as to if this should be?? No information is given on
the ID 850 in the MS Knowledge Base.
--
Thanks from Rick

Malke

TCM wrote:

> After the installation of MSN Beta v7, MS Beta Spyware, attending a
> online training session via MSPP and the programs it installed;
>
> I now have 7 Window Firewall exception that show as the ID 850.
>
> Only other program installed was HDD Hex editor a "free" program.
>
> Can anyone inform me as to if this should be?? No information is
> given on the ID 850 in the MS Knowledge Base.

You've installed two *beta* programs. In case you weren't sure, "beta"
means software that isn't finished yet. It is still in the
bug-discovery-fixing stage. Beta software should never be installed on
a production machine.

I can't address any issue regarding MSN, but MSAS has known issues with
the Windows Firewall. To reset the firewall, do:

Start>Run cmd [enter]
netsh winsock reset catalog [enter]
Follow prompts and reboot.

FIREWALL DEAD, or other network issues:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892350

Please post any questions/comments regarding the beta MSAS in one of the
newsgroups specifically set up for it:

http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

TCM

"Thank you" for the information. I will reset. Very much appreciate your
assistance.

God Bless, Rick

"Malke" wrote:

> TCM wrote:
>
> > After the installation of MSN Beta v7, MS Beta Spyware, attending a
> > online training session via MSPP and the programs it installed;
> >
> > I now have 7 Window Firewall exception that show as the ID 850.
> >
> > Only other program installed was HDD Hex editor a "free" program.
> >
> > Can anyone inform me as to if this should be?? No information is
> > given on the ID 850 in the MS Knowledge Base.
>
> You've installed two *beta* programs. In case you weren't sure, "beta"
> means software that isn't finished yet. It is still in the
> bug-discovery-fixing stage. Beta software should never be installed on
> a production machine.
>
> I can't address any issue regarding MSN, but MSAS has known issues with
> the Windows Firewall. To reset the firewall, do:
>
> Start>Run cmd [enter]
> netsh winsock reset catalog [enter]
> Follow prompts and reboot.
>
> FIREWALL DEAD, or other network issues:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892350
>
> Please post any questions/comments regarding the beta MSAS in one of the
> newsgroups specifically set up for it:
>
> http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us
>
> Malke
> --
> MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"

TCM

Thank you very much Malke. I will reset.

Bless you!! Rick