Packard Bell multimedia 7900 Motherboard

What company did PB buy their motherboards from? My motherboard no longer
functions, does not see harddrive anymore. I would like to get another mb
but a newer version. Mine came with a slot 1 366MHz CPU 66MHz FSB. I would
like a 700MHz CPU or higher with a 100 or 133 FSB any type of socket. The
old mb was great it lasted 7 years without any real problems. I would like
that same quality in another mb by the same company.

Thanks for any help,

oziggyo

You may want to replace the motherboard anyway, but are you sure that it's the
motherboard and not the hard drive that has failed? Does anything display on
the monitor screen when you power up the system?

PB used several different manufacturers for the motherboards in its systems.
Intel boards were prevalent for a while during the Pentium epoch. They also
used GVC/BCM boards. When PB switched to microATX boards along with the rest of
the industry, the manufacturer of those boards became a little unclear. To me,
anyway. And a lot of the historical information about PB systems has
disappeared from the internet.

You would be just fine with a microATX motherboard with Intel 810 or 815
chipset. That would meet your needs for processor speed. Leading manufacturers
of 810/815 chipset boards were Intel and Asus. Other people may recommend other
brands, and somebody may be able to identify the manufacturer of the board in
the Multimedia 7900.

Depending on which continent you live on, I might be able to sell you a package
of microATX motherboard, processor and heat sink/cooling fan at an attractive
price... Ben Myers

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 21:58:12 -0500, "oziggyo" <delroylz@ptd.net> wrote:

>What company did PB buy their motherboards from? My motherboard no longer
>functions, does not see harddrive anymore. I would like to get another mb
>but a newer version. Mine came with a slot 1 366MHz CPU 66MHz FSB. I would
>like a 700MHz CPU or higher with a 100 or 133 FSB any type of socket. The
>old mb was great it lasted 7 years without any real problems. I would like
>that same quality in another mb by the same company.
>
>Thanks for any help,
>
>oziggyo

When started the system went through all posting then error came on screen
no operating system found and no harddrive. I replaced with a same type
harddrive still same problem. Tried harddrives in another computer, they
worked great.

Your systems for sale, what type of mb, cpu, how much, and are they
guaranteed to work? My mb has three PCI slots it is a small case.

I have bought two Asus motherboards recently both were suppose to work.
Both constantly beep and Asus has not replied to my emails for two weeks.
I even emailed them a second time, still no response. Motherboards are a
A7v and a A7v133-C.

Thanks for response,

oziggyo

I only sell and ship out fully functional equipment with a 90-day warranty.

.... Ben Myers

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:55:43 -0500, "oziggyo" <delroylz@ptd.net> wrote:

>When started the system went through all posting then error came on screen
>no operating system found and no harddrive. I replaced with a same type
>harddrive still same problem. Tried harddrives in another computer, they
>worked great.
>
>Your systems for sale, what type of mb, cpu, how much, and are they
>guaranteed to work? My mb has three PCI slots it is a small case.
>
>I have bought two Asus motherboards recently both were suppose to work.
>Both constantly beep and Asus has not replied to my emails for two weeks.
>I even emailed them a second time, still no response. Motherboards are a
>A7v and a A7v133-C.
>
>Thanks for response,
>
>oziggyo

Contact me off-line via email, and we'll see what can be worked out... Ben

Ben Myers
Spirit of Performance, Inc.
73 Westcott Road
Harvard, MA 01451
tel: 978-456-3889
fax: 810-963-0412
PayPal, MC, VISA, cold hard cash accepted.

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:55:43 -0500, "oziggyo" <delroylz@ptd.net> wrote:

>When started the system went through all posting then error came on screen
>no operating system found and no harddrive. I replaced with a same type
>harddrive still same problem. Tried harddrives in another computer, they
>worked great.
>
>Your systems for sale, what type of mb, cpu, how much, and are they
>guaranteed to work? My mb has three PCI slots it is a small case.
>
>I have bought two Asus motherboards recently both were suppose to work.
>Both constantly beep and Asus has not replied to my emails for two weeks.
>I even emailed them a second time, still no response. Motherboards are a
>A7v and a A7v133-C.
>
>Thanks for response,
>
>oziggyo

Ben, I tried to email and email was returned. Could you email me?
pmutrain@ptd.net