Only Mono sound in AIW 9000 Pro

I am only getting mono sound in the TV Tuner. When I right click on the
screen, "stereo" is one of the options. But clicking on stereo does nothing.
When I right click again, it still shows mono. I've done an exhaustive
search on this and have found many people with the same problem, but no
solutions. I'm using Multimedia centre 9.1.
2 answers Last reply
More about only mono sound 9000

    Is the tv channel you are tuning to broadcasting in stereo? That's the only
    thing I am able to suggest. Can you confirm if *anyone* is able to do
    stereo or is the card really just mono?

    <ealfo@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > I am only getting mono sound in the TV Tuner. When I right click on the
    > screen, "stereo" is one of the options. But clicking on stereo does
    nothing.
    > When I right click again, it still shows mono. I've done an exhaustive
    > search on this and have found many people with the same problem, but no
    > solutions. I'm using Multimedia centre 9.1.

    I have the AIW 9000 pro and I am able to see "stereo" checked off on the
    context menu. However, on my cable package I have a few mono channels and
    when I check them, they show up as "mono." Also using Multimedia centre 9.1.
    If you have a stereo TV maybe you can confirm your cable is broadcasting
    stereo. Might be some soundcard driver issue, or something else, wish I
    could offer more help.

    Cheers, Mike

    <ealfo@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    >I am only getting mono sound in the TV Tuner. When I right click on the
    > screen, "stereo" is one of the options. But clicking on stereo does
    > nothing.
    > When I right click again, it still shows mono. I've done an exhaustive
    > search on this and have found many people with the same problem, but no
    > solutions. I'm using Multimedia centre 9.1.

Radeon Graphics