I downloaded microsoft's Spyware software. I am very happy with it.
However, when the messages started asking me if I wanted to block this and
that, I gleefully said yes and think I might even had said to not save them
in my blocked list folder. Now my Norton Antivirus and windows update do not
automatically update even though my programs say that function is "on". Is
there a way to solve this problem so they will update and remind me to
install them as they did before?

Welcome to Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) Newsgroups
http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=u

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Annabelle" wrote:

| I downloaded microsoft's Spyware software. I am very happy with it.
| However, when the messages started asking me if I wanted to block this and
| that, I gleefully said yes and think I might even had said to not save them
| in my blocked list folder. Now my Norton Antivirus and windows update do not
| automatically update even though my programs say that function is "on". Is
| there a way to solve this problem so they will update and remind me to
| install them as they did before?

I got a "File not found" in the window that opened when I clicked on your
link. I clicked on the other on and was sent to download center for service
pack II. I already have that installed. Thanks.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Welcome to Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) Newsgroups
> http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=u
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.mspx

> "Annabelle" wrote:
>
> | I downloaded microsoft's Spyware software. I am very happy with it.
> | However, when the messages started asking me if I wanted to block this and
> | that, I gleefully said yes and think I might even had said to not save them
> | in my blocked list folder. Now my Norton Antivirus and windows update do not
> | automatically update even though my programs say that function is "on". Is
> | there a way to solve this problem so they will update and remind me to
> | install them as they did before?

Annabelle,

Try this link

http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us