No Certificate Services in XP Pro

March 2, 2005 12:43:02 PM

Hello,

Does anyone know how to install Certificate Services on a Windows XP Pro
machine. I do not have the option to install it under the "Control Pannel" >>
"Add Remove Programs" >> "Add Remove Windows Components" >> "IIS Details".

Is there some other way to install this?

Thanks.
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 10:23:44 PM

Start | Run | Type: certmgr.msc | Click OK

HOW TO Create Custom MMC Snap-in Tools Using Microsoft Management Console
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;230263

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:BB7286DD-DCB1-4E35-B295-28688780BB4E@microsoft.com,
dlsjrinc <dlsjrinc@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know how to install Certificate Services on a Windows XP
> Pro machine. I do not have the option to install it under the
> "Control Pannel" >> "Add Remove Programs" >> "Add Remove Windows
> Components" >> "IIS Details".
>
> Is there some other way to install this?
>
> Thanks.
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 11:59:10 AM

Thank you but this does not seem te be what I am looking for.

I am trying to generate a local trustd root certificate for development
purposes on IIS on my Windows XP Pro machine ("Certificate Services" is the
way to do this as far as I understand).

Is this no longer possible (it used to be possible in Windows 2000 Pro).

Thank you for any further assistance you can provide on this.

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Start | Run | Type: certmgr.msc | Click OK
>
> HOW TO Create Custom MMC Snap-in Tools Using Microsoft Management Console
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;230263
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:BB7286DD-DCB1-4E35-B295-28688780BB4E@microsoft.com,
> dlsjrinc <dlsjrinc@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Does anyone know how to install Certificate Services on a Windows XP
> > Pro machine. I do not have the option to install it under the
> > "Control Pannel" >> "Add Remove Programs" >> "Add Remove Windows
> > Components" >> "IIS Details".
> >
> > Is there some other way to install this?
> >
> > Thanks.

Anonymous
March 3, 2005 7:24:54 PM

Sorry, I read that incorrectly.

Certificate Services doesn't come with Windows XP, Pro or Home. Comes with
Windows Server 2003 and Windows 2000.

I don't know it this will help or not...

Download details: Windows HTTP Services Certificate Configuration Tool
(WinHttpCertCfg.exe)

WinHttpCertCfg.exe, a Certificate Configuration Tool
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/libr...

What Is Certificate Services?

In Windows Server 2003 and Windows 2000 Server, Certificate Services 2.0 can
be installed from Control Panel by clicking Add or Remove Programs and then
clicking Add/Remove Windows Components to install or uninstall Certificate
Services.
--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes