No Certificate Services in XP Pro

Hello,

Does anyone know how to install Certificate Services on a Windows XP Pro
machine. I do not have the option to install it under the "Control Pannel" >>
"Add Remove Programs" >> "Add Remove Windows Components" >> "IIS Details".

Is there some other way to install this?

Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about certificate services

    Start | Run | Type: certmgr.msc | Click OK

    HOW TO Create Custom MMC Snap-in Tools Using Microsoft Management Console
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;230263

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:BB7286DD-DCB1-4E35-B295-28688780BB4E@microsoft.com,
    dlsjrinc <dlsjrinc@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Does anyone know how to install Certificate Services on a Windows XP
    > Pro machine. I do not have the option to install it under the
    > "Control Pannel" >> "Add Remove Programs" >> "Add Remove Windows
    > Components" >> "IIS Details".
    >
    > Is there some other way to install this?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Thank you but this does not seem te be what I am looking for.

    I am trying to generate a local trustd root certificate for development
    purposes on IIS on my Windows XP Pro machine ("Certificate Services" is the
    way to do this as far as I understand).

    Is this no longer possible (it used to be possible in Windows 2000 Pro).

    Thank you for any further assistance you can provide on this.

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > Start | Run | Type: certmgr.msc | Click OK
    >
    > HOW TO Create Custom MMC Snap-in Tools Using Microsoft Management Console
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;230263
    >

    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:BB7286DD-DCB1-4E35-B295-28688780BB4E@microsoft.com,
    > dlsjrinc <dlsjrinc@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > Does anyone know how to install Certificate Services on a Windows XP
    > > Pro machine. I do not have the option to install it under the
    > > "Control Pannel" >> "Add Remove Programs" >> "Add Remove Windows
    > > Components" >> "IIS Details".
    > >
    > > Is there some other way to install this?
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    Sorry, I read that incorrectly.

    Certificate Services doesn't come with Windows XP, Pro or Home. Comes with
    Windows Server 2003 and Windows 2000.

    I don't know it this will help or not...

    Download details: Windows HTTP Services Certificate Configuration Tool
    (WinHttpCertCfg.exe)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c42e27ac-3409-40e9-8667-c748e422833f&DisplayLang=en

    WinHttpCertCfg.exe, a Certificate Configuration Tool
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winhttp/http/winhttpcertcfg_exe__a_certificate_configuration_tool.asp

    What Is Certificate Services?
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/all/techref/en-us/Default.asp?url=/Resources/Documentation/windowsserv/2003/all/techref/en-us/w2k3tr_crtsv_what.asp

    In Windows Server 2003 and Windows 2000 Server, Certificate Services 2.0 can
    be installed from Control Panel by clicking Add or Remove Programs and then
    clicking Add/Remove Windows Components to install or uninstall Certificate
    Services.
    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:F5EE0500-6DDE-48E2-B5F0-E76D4F0455B9@microsoft.com,
    dlsjrinc <dlsjrinc@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Thank you but this does not seem te be what I am looking for.
    >
    > I am trying to generate a local trustd root certificate for
    > development purposes on IIS on my Windows XP Pro machine
    > ("Certificate Services" is the way to do this as far as I understand).
    >
    > Is this no longer possible (it used to be possible in Windows 2000
    > Pro).
    >
    > Thank you for any further assistance you can provide on this.
    >
    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    >> Start | Run | Type: certmgr.msc | Click OK
    >>
    >> HOW TO Create Custom MMC Snap-in Tools Using Microsoft Management
    >> Console
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;230263
    >>

    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:BB7286DD-DCB1-4E35-B295-28688780BB4E@microsoft.com,
    >> dlsjrinc <dlsjrinc@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone know how to install Certificate Services on a Windows XP
    >>> Pro machine. I do not have the option to install it under the
    >>> "Control Pannel" >> "Add Remove Programs" >> "Add Remove Windows
    >>> Components" >> "IIS Details".
    >>>
    >>> Is there some other way to install this?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.

Certificate Windows XP