No Certificate Services in XP Pro

Hello,

Does anyone know how to install Certificate Services on a Windows XP Pro
machine. I do not have the option to install it under the "Control Pannel" >>
"Add Remove Programs" >> "Add Remove Windows Components" >> "IIS Details".

Is there some other way to install this?

Thanks.

Start | Run | Type: certmgr.msc | Click OK

HOW TO Create Custom MMC Snap-in Tools Using Microsoft Management Console
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;230263

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:BB7286DD-DCB1-4E35-B295-28688780BB4E@microsoft.com,
dlsjrinc <dlsjrinc@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know how to install Certificate Services on a Windows XP
> Pro machine. I do not have the option to install it under the
> "Control Pannel" >> "Add Remove Programs" >> "Add Remove Windows
> Components" >> "IIS Details".
>
> Is there some other way to install this?
>
> Thanks.

Thank you but this does not seem te be what I am looking for.

I am trying to generate a local trustd root certificate for development
purposes on IIS on my Windows XP Pro machine ("Certificate Services" is the
way to do this as far as I understand).

Is this no longer possible (it used to be possible in Windows 2000 Pro).

Thank you for any further assistance you can provide on this.

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Start | Run | Type: certmgr.msc | Click OK
>
> HOW TO Create Custom MMC Snap-in Tools Using Microsoft Management Console
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;230263
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:BB7286DD-DCB1-4E35-B295-28688780BB4E@microsoft.com,
> dlsjrinc <dlsjrinc@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Does anyone know how to install Certificate Services on a Windows XP
> > Pro machine. I do not have the option to install it under the
> > "Control Pannel" >> "Add Remove Programs" >> "Add Remove Windows
> > Components" >> "IIS Details".
> >
> > Is there some other way to install this?
> >
> > Thanks.

Sorry, I read that incorrectly.

Certificate Services doesn't come with Windows XP, Pro or Home. Comes with
Windows Server 2003 and Windows 2000.

I don't know it this will help or not...

Download details: Windows HTTP Services Certificate Configuration Tool
(WinHttpCertCfg.exe)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c42e27ac-3409-40e9-8667-c748e422833f&DisplayLang=en

WinHttpCertCfg.exe, a Certificate Configuration Tool
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winhttp/http/winhttpcertcfg_exe__a_certificate_configuration_tool.asp

What Is Certificate Services?
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/all/techref/en-us/Default.asp?url=/Resources/Documentation/windowsserv/2003/all/techref/en-us/w2k3tr_crtsv_what.asp

In Windows Server 2003 and Windows 2000 Server, Certificate Services 2.0 can
be installed from Control Panel by clicking Add or Remove Programs and then
clicking Add/Remove Windows Components to install or uninstall Certificate
Services.
--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes