VIVO card - "ATI Radeon 9200 VIVO 128mb DDR AGP" are video..

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 22, 2004 5:26:08 PM

Am looking to upgrade my PC. Present system is 500mhz with ATI
All-in-Wonder 16mb card.

Am thinking of buying faster system and using the "ATI Radeon 9200
VIVO 128mb" to record from my analogue videocamera. Will it provide
satisfactory results ie no dropped frames and video and sound
syncronised (Using Vdeowave)?

My other choice would be to use USB and something like Belkin Videobus
but my old system could not handle the data using this method.

Any advice?

KM
Anonymous
August 22, 2004 5:43:53 PM

km <kevin44@mcgeek.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in

> Am looking to upgrade my PC. Present system is 500mhz with ATI
> All-in-Wonder 16mb card.
>
> Am thinking of buying faster system and using the "ATI Radeon 9200
> VIVO 128mb" to record from my analogue videocamera. Will it provide
> satisfactory results ie no dropped frames and video and sound
> syncronised (Using Vdeowave)?
>
> My other choice would be to use USB and something like Belkin Videobus
> but my old system could not handle the data using this method.
>
> Any advice?

video-capturing is all about your system, not the video card. that 9200
will be fine as long as your system has at least a 1.5Ghz+ processor, 512MB
RAM, and a 7200RPM Hard Drive.
!