Power User Install Rights

When I goto the Overview writeup on "Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware"
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en
, about the fourth paragragh down it says "The user must be an
administrator to install this application." Well, I am a power user and I
can install it and run it. Why? I have installed this on several different
builds of XP, all with only SP1, and everytime I can install it. Ideas?
1 answer Last reply
More about power user install rights

    Eric Coidan wrote:

    > When I goto the Overview writeup on "Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware"

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en
    > , about the fourth paragragh down it says "The user must be an
    > administrator to install this application." Well, I am a power user
    > and I
    > can install it and run it. Why? I have installed this on several
    > different builds of XP, all with only SP1, and everytime I can install
    > it. Ideas?

    Please post questions and/or comments about the bets MSAS program in one
    of the newsgroups specifically set up for this:

    http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell