Power User Install Rights

March 2, 2005 1:03:02 PM

When I goto the Overview writeup on "Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware"
, about the fourth paragragh down it says "The user must be an
administrator to install this application." Well, I am a power user and I
can install it and run it. Why? I have installed this on several different
builds of XP, all with only SP1, and everytime I can install it. Ideas?
March 2, 2005 3:05:58 PM

Eric Coidan wrote:

> When I goto the Overview writeup on "Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware"

> , about the fourth paragragh down it says "The user must be an
> administrator to install this application." Well, I am a power user
> and I
> can install it and run it. Why? I have installed this on several
> different builds of XP, all with only SP1, and everytime I can install
> it. Ideas?

Please post questions and/or comments about the bets MSAS program in one
of the newsgroups specifically set up for this:

http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp...

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell