Windows Firewall - ICS Error

I did setup WinXp Pro SP2 - Windows Firewall from Control Panel. After
Install of Microsoft AntiSpyware and running for month. But from yesterday I
am unable to even open the Windows Firewall and following mesage appears.
>D:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Error 10047

Control Panel---> Windows Firewall [ I get message - Windows Firewall
settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running.
Do you want to start the windows Firewll/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
service? Yes/NO
then on clicking Yes message comes - Starting Windows Firewall ICS sharing
... then message box comes as:-
Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/Internet Conection Sharing (ICS)
service. ok
From Services Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service on
Local Computer.
Security - Error 10047: An address incompatible with the request protocol
was used.
System>16:48:09 Service Control Manager Event Id: 7023
The Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service terminated
with the following error: An address incompatible with the requested protocol
was used. For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Please advise what caused this
and how can I revert back to open windows Firewall.

Event Id: 7035t he Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
service was successfully sent a start control. For more information, see
16:48:09 Event Id: 7036 The Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing
(ICS) service entered the stopped state.
Tried SFC only on run but no dialog box opened.
Also reapplied SP2 still cannot open Windows firewall.
mukesh111@hotmail.com
2 answers Last reply
More about windows firewall error

    The following fixed my problem:
    Start/Run --> cmd.exe

    and then, in the command prompt, type:

    netsh.exe winsock reset

    and hit Enter

    If that doesn't cut it, try this one

    It happened after I removed adware using MS Antispyware

    Kenny

    "mukesh" <mukesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I did setup WinXp Pro SP2 - Windows Firewall from Control Panel. After
    > Install of Microsoft AntiSpyware and running for month. But from yesterday
    > am unable to even open the Windows Firewall and following mesage appears.
    >>D:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Error 10047
    >
    > Control Panel---> Windows Firewall [ I get message - Windows Firewall
    > settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not
    > running.
    > Do you want to start the windows Firewll/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
    > service? Yes/NO
    > then on clicking Yes message comes - Starting Windows Firewall ICS sharing
    > .. then message box comes as:-
    > Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/Internet Conection Sharing (ICS)
    > service. ok
    > From Services Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service
    > on
    > Local Computer.
    > Security - Error 10047: An address incompatible with the request protocol
    > was used.
    > System>16:48:09 Service Control Manager Event Id: 7023
    > The Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service terminated
    > with the following error: An address incompatible with the requested
    > protocol
    > was used. For more information, see Help and Support Center at
    > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Please advise what caused this
    > and how can I revert back to open windows Firewall.
    >
    > Event Id: 7035t he Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
    > service was successfully sent a start control. For more information, see
    > 16:48:09 Event Id: 7036 The Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing
    > (ICS) service entered the stopped state.
    > Tried SFC only on run but no dialog box opened.
    > Also reapplied SP2 still cannot open Windows firewall.
    > mukesh111@hotmail.com

    after resetting winsock you should re-install any applications which are
    layered service providers (lsp). typical apps of this nature are firewalls
    and anti-virus/anti-spyware.
    --
    David
    Microsoft Windows Networking

    "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    > The following fixed my problem:
    > Start/Run --> cmd.exe
    >
    > and then, in the command prompt, type:
    >
    > netsh.exe winsock reset
    >
    > and hit Enter
    >
    > If that doesn't cut it, try this one
    >
    > http://www.spychecker.com/program/winsockxpfix.html
    >
    > It happened after I removed adware using MS Antispyware
    >

    > Kenny
    >
    > "mukesh" <mukesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>I did setup WinXp Pro SP2 - Windows Firewall from Control Panel. After
    >> Install of Microsoft AntiSpyware and running for month. But from
    >> yesterday I
    >> am unable to even open the Windows Firewall and following mesage appears.
    >>>D:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs Error 10047
    >>
    >> Control Panel---> Windows Firewall [ I get message - Windows Firewall
    >> settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not
    >> running.
    >> Do you want to start the windows Firewll/Internet Connection Sharing
    >> (ICS)
    >> service? Yes/NO
    >> then on clicking Yes message comes - Starting Windows Firewall ICS
    >> sharing
    >> .. then message box comes as:-
    >> Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/Internet Conection Sharing
    >> (ICS)
    >> service. ok
    >> From Services Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service
    >> on
    >> Local Computer.
    >> Security - Error 10047: An address incompatible with the request protocol
    >> was used.
    >> System>16:48:09 Service Control Manager Event Id: 7023
    >> The Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service terminated
    >> with the following error: An address incompatible with the requested
    >> protocol
    >> was used. For more information, see Help and Support Center at
    >> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Please advise what caused
    >> this
    >> and how can I revert back to open windows Firewall.
    >>
    >> Event Id: 7035t he Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
    >> service was successfully sent a start control. For more information, see
    >> 16:48:09 Event Id: 7036 The Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing
    >> (ICS) service entered the stopped state.
    >> Tried SFC only on run but no dialog box opened.
    >> Also reapplied SP2 still cannot open Windows firewall.
    >> mukesh111@hotmail.com

Control Panel Firewalls Internet Connection Windows XP