Mystery User Appears to be Logged On

Occasionally when I close down my PC I am told that another user is logged on
a closing down will cause them to lose work. This happens when no-one else
is logged into their profile.

What couold eb causing this?

"Shrinkingman" <Shrinkingman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Occasionally when I close down my PC I am told that another user is logged on
| a closing down will cause them to lose work. This happens when no-one else
| is logged into their profile.
|
| What couold eb causing this?

Disable File and Print Shares.

If you are on Broadband, use a Cable/DSL Router such as the Linksys BEFSR41. This will
provide a Simplistic FireWall and protect you from nefarious activity.

--
Dave

"David H. Lipman" wrote:

> "Shrinkingman" <Shrinkingman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Occasionally when I close down my PC I am told that another user is logged on
> | a closing down will cause them to lose work. This happens when no-one else
> | is logged into their profile.
> |
> | What couold eb causing this?
>
> Disable File and Print Shares.
>
> If you are on Broadband, use a Cable/DSL Router such as the Linksys BEFSR41. This will
> provide a Simplistic FireWall and protect you from nefarious activity.
>

> --
> Dave
>

> Dave

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm already behind a Firewall (ZA Pro) and a
router so I think I'm OK there. I've done checks for Spyware etc with
Adaware, Spybot and I have Spyware Blaster running in the background and ahve
foudn nothing. I'm about to do a virus scan with AVG to double check that my
NAV 2005 hasn't let anything through.

Any other suggestions?

| Thanks for the quick reply. I'm already behind a Firewall (ZA Pro) and a
| router so I think I'm OK there. I've done checks for Spyware etc with
| Adaware, Spybot and I have Spyware Blaster running in the background and ahve
| foudn nothing. I'm about to do a virus scan with AVG to double check that my
| NAV 2005 hasn't let anything through.
|
| Any other suggestions?

OK, you have a Broadband Router -- That's excellent !

How many nodes do you have on the LAN side of the Router ?

As always, I suggest blocking TCP and UDP ports 135 ~ 139 and 445 on *any* SOHO Router.

--
Dave